Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

I started life as a old cigarbox

oddie
17 years ago

What do you think? does it need anything?

Thanks for looking oddie

Comments (19)

• evelyn_craftdiva
    17 years ago

I love it! Another great job!! I don't think it needs a thing.

• maryanntx
    17 years ago

I love it! You are sooooo talented! What is the sparkley stuff on the bottom front?

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Beautiful - you are so creative Oddie. I love your talent.

Sal

• Cheri_C
    17 years ago

Wow, It looks great!!!

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Another fantastic project Oddie--just love how creative you are! Is the snowman on the lid painted, or is it a graphic glued on? It is just so cute. Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone! maryanntx I used white paint and a toothbrush for the snow look over the whole box, and a quick shot of spray glitter when finished. Luvs its a graphic off the net I saved and printed let it snow on it, kinda afaird to show anything I have gotton the graphic off of the net, my things are given as gifts and not for sale so maybe Iam okay! thanks for looking
    oddie
    o

• delaniemae
    17 years ago

um........perfect. You have such great ideas. I get excited when I see a posting with your name on it. I know it is going to be something creative and different.

• honeysuckleridge
    17 years ago

GORGEOUS!!! I love it!! I still have several of these lying around from my purse making days. What a wonderful gift idea. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

ginger

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Oddie, I agree with what Delaniemae said--love seeing your creations. The candle in this one fits so perfectly--are you just sponge painting it the color you want? How do you secure the light in the box? I've never used these lights but your projects are sure making me want to! I sort of looked at some at Michaels the other day, is there a better place to buy them? I would never have thought to do this, but you did, and it turned out so cute! Gotta go visit the smoke shop for a couple cigar boxes--wonder if I have any primer left to cover the designs? See what you're doing to me--more projects to add to the LIST. ;o) So glad you are sharing with us. Thanks, Luvs

• barb_from_pa
    17 years ago

Very nice! I love seeing all your creations! Keep posting those pics!

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Luvs I sprayed my box with black spray paint to cover up the words and pictures and also to make a nice undercoat for the dark blue that is just painted on with a brush, as for the light I glued a empty ribbon roll in the bottom with e6000 then the candle to it, so far they have stayed okay, as for cost I dont know where to buy them at a cheap price as I have gotton all of mine at the flemarket, I have made the purses also, I will post a photo of one I have left soon. please post photos if you have any, and thanks agine everyone!
    oddie

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Luvs - at Walmart you can buy the single plug in candle light or the battery operated kind. At Michael's, in the wedding decorations aisle, you will find a set of "teeny" strings lights (I think 10 or 20 on a string) that are battery operated. Brides use them in their bouquets these days. As for the lights like Oddie used, you might have to go to a country decorations store (maybe about $10 or more in price for the candle) or craft supply store to find those. A great on-line, very reasonable priced retail store is "factorydirectcraftsupplies.com" - when I was in OH on vaca this past May visiting my two sisters out there, I went to that store. OMG, I was in craft supply heaven and refused to leave to go with my sisters for lunch, told them to bring me back something. I was in here for "four hours" and spent way too much on supplies, but I was sooooo happy to have all that stuff. I'm like a crow when it comes to crafts, I see something shiney and I want it. LOL

Sal

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Craftylady--thanks for that site, I will go check it out. I haven't heard of that store. Know I would be like you and not want to leave! I will go take a look there and shop a bit.

Oddie, I love that your crafts turn out so beautiful and yet you are able to make them by recycling lots of items.

Luvs

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Oddie~ You've done it again! It doesn't need a thing! It's perfect and cute and I love it. Lucky recipients of your gifts! ~Anj

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Luvs, I reread the post, must have been tried last night had the grandkids over and we made cinnimonbuns out of material and bottle cap pins! what a day. I see now that you were asking how I painted the candle sorry, I use the cheap lights like you can get from wal-mart, spray with flat black spray paint and dust with cinnamon, this is used to make things look kinda rusted. Sal I live in ohio and never heard of this place I will have to check it out. Thanks
    oddie

• gramzeeinmd
    17 years ago

That is just GORGEOUS!! I love the idea. Oddie, you do wonderful work.
    Thanks for sharing :-)
    Deb

• Jacquelyn
    17 years ago

Thats so pretty!
    {{gwi:1485134}}

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks agine everyone!
    oddie

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

If anyone is looking for a cigarbox, Dollartree had some when I stopped in there yesterday. They looked pretty nice--I was just running in for something and in a hurry, so want to go back to get a couple. Luvs

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH