Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does this paper bird ornament sound familiar?

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 14, 09 at 17:30

Years ago my children and I made paper birds for our Christmas tree. They were a very simple design, very easy to do, and the results were beautiful. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I got the directions.

They were made with strips of paper about 1" wide. I remember the tail was curled in two directions (one strip up, one down), sort of like a large version of quilling, and there must have been something between the top and bottom strips (a circle, maybe?) to hold them apart in the correct shape.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'd like to make some for my tree this year.

Thanks!

Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does this paper bird ornament sound familiar?

Susan,
The birds sound cute and I hope you find the pattern and share with all of us. Punk

o

Would one of these work?

http://www.ehow.com/how_4911575_weave-ribbon-bird.html

http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/woven_paper_dove_broach

o

Check out this wood curl ornament about 1/3rd of the way down the page. Did it look something like this?

Here is a link that might be useful: wood curl ornament

o

Not made of paper, but looks to be very easy.

Here is a link that might be useful: felt bird

o

Thanks for the links, everyone! They don't match what I was looking for, but they're interesting in their own right, and I may give one or more a try.

o

here is a variety of birds...
http://www.origami-resource-center.com/birds.html

Here is a link that might be useful: origami birds

o

I didn't look at all the links, hopefully this isn't a duplicate.... and I'd never WEAR it, like in the photo, but it's a cool bird!

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's another one....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here