Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another lighted wine bottle

Posted by oddie (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 07 at 16:37

made this one up pretty quick, its a gift for a guy who collects wine bottles, tried to make it look more manly, label cut from wallpaper border, around the top of the bottle I applied a gilded accents of grapevine and leaves, cant see it in the photo, also desided to keep the lights to the bottom seemed to look better for this light, so what do you think?
oddie

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another lighted wine bottle

It looks excellent ! It's so hard to make something for a guy - but you nailed it !

~~~~~~~ Perfect ! ~~~~~~~~~

o

oh oodie this is so beautiful!! I've seen so many with too much STUFF and this one is just perfect!! GORGEOUS of course.
ginger

o

That's beautiful Oodie! And might I add,so are all your other postings:) It's a perfect "guy" gift:) I'd love to try this craft myself, and I showed my DH,and we checked out lights. How many do you use? I saw strings of 20, 25,and 50. Great idea to use the wallpaper border with the grapes, I think I will copy that idea myself :) Makes it look more like a wine label I think! And I see grape patterns at the dollar stores and yard sales...now if I can only remember that next time I see some! Great job :)

o

That looks so fantastic. I see that you did cut a hole in the bottle.Good job !

o

Thank you! I sooo agree its hard to make a decoration for a man! had the ribbon for a couple years, looking for the right project.
Kudzukween I used 20 light set, althoe most light set are cool temp now, in the past to many lights made the bottles hot, and there for chance of fire, but eather way I think the smaller amount looks nicer, but thats just my opinion, if you have somekind of graphic program you could make your own labels, I liked useing the wallpaper border because all I had to do was wet the paper and it seemed to stick better, and I didnt have the mess to clean off the bottle, I read where crafters was useing wallpaper paste insted of modpodge, but this was my frist try on glass.
posie I always drill a hole in the bottles ( hubby does) I dont care for the looks of seeing the cord run down the back of the bottle, agine thats my opinion, hubby drilled hole to close to the bottom and couldnt get the lights in so he took the plug apart from the wire, instered the wire and hooked it back together.
Thanks agine
Oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here