Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snap/metal ring to be used for papers

Posted by CalgaryHome (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 15:14

Hi All,

One can attach papers together with a metal ring as on the color selector from a paint producer on the figure. The metal ring is a bit like a snap fastener used for clothes, except it often has a hole in the middle. They probably would come in two pieces that interlock. Does anyone know what those small metal rings are called? What type of store might carry them? I'm at a total loss, even after way-too-long web searches!

With thanks,
Peter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snap/metal ring to be used for papers

Image attached

o

It looks like a rivet. Craft stores would sell them. I've seen small ones at Joann's and Michaels. You need a tool like pliers to fasten the 2 pieces together. Probably could get them at a home supply store like Home Depot or Lowes as well.

o

It is a grommet

o

Check either in a craft place like Hobby Lobby, or camping store, ACE Hardware, Menards etc. Some places have kits with the tool needed to punch these together as people doing leather works use them as do scrapbook people. Check the internet also

o

It might also be called an eyelet. Definitely look in the craft store, probably in the scrapbooking/rubber stamping isles.

o

Many thanks to you all for the replies! A colleague of mine knew what I was looking for when I wrote I needed a rivet/grommet/eyelet, and brought a pair to me. I appreciate your help in naming that thingy thing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here