Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Large Styrofoam Peppermint Candies....

Posted by tngardengirl (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 07 at 14:49

I posted this over in the Holidays forum after someone asked about them - I thought I'd post over here too.

These are very fun & easy to make.

Here's how:
I purchased several round/flat styrofoam disks and printed off the attached template and I might have enlarged it (can't remember). Place template over the styrofoam and trace pattern onto the styrofoam with an ink pen - making sure to press through so the marks are on the styrofoam. I used red fabric paint in a bottle and followed the lines and filled in with the red making sure to alternate the red with the white from the styrofoam to give it the peppermint effect. I also came down the sides with the paint. Optional - you can sprinkle glitter in the wet paint. Depending on how you are going to use them, you might also want to paint the backside as well. You have to play around with the placement of the template so that the two sides match up. Once the paint is dry, cut clear cellophane and leave enough on the ends to "tie" like candy.

Some of mine, I made to look like lollipops by sticking a wooden dowel in one end. For the red stripe on the dowel, I used red shiny curling ribbon and glued it to the dowel.

Hope that makes sense - I do not do well with giving instructions.....

Dawn

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Large Styrofoam Peppermint Candies....

Thanks Dawn for sharing your instructions for these. They are so cute.
Cheri

o

sooo cute! thanks for shareing the instructions, you do a beautiful job of makeing them! love your tree ,and the photos are great also.
oddie

o

Those are cute! Thanks for sharing....

o

I just looked them again and they look like the real thing!!

o

Thank you all - they are fun to make.

Dawn

o

Hi Dawn,
Your instructions are very clear. I would like to do this decoration for our float...Can you post the template for this?

o

My daughter &I did smaller wooden ones wrapped inplastic cute

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here