Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wind chimes using glass flower frogs

Posted by barbaratx (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 3, 08 at 14:41

My daughter can't find the site where she saw a wind chime made from a glass flower frog and some beads. I've googled it, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Have any of you seen this? I'll try the garden junk forum also. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wind chimes using glass flower frogs

Can you describe it at all?

o
try this

http://www.frogstore.com/catalog/Stained-Glass-Beaded-Frog-Windchime-p-901219.html

o

nmgirl - that's cute, but not what I was talking about. The glass flower frog is round with holes in it where you put stems of flowers so they stand perfectly spaced in a vase.

o

Good morning ~ Saw this post and started doing a google search myself and this is what I've come up with so far.

http://www.ehow.com/how_16683_make-nail-wind.html

this answer was down in the replies.

on 11/22/2005 Use an old glass flower frog for the top since it already has holes in it. I use fishing line to make a hanger for the wind chimes by looping it through the holes and tying it in a looped knot at the top. I then wrap this with brass wire to make it look good. I use old costume jewelry, old skeleton keys, hearts, crystals, etc. I like to start with a large bead at the top of each hole in the flower frog and then add items to the line below. To finish it off, I use one "eye-catching piece" hung longer than all the others in the middle and then use scrap pieces of old slag glass that I have sanded lightly around the edges and drilled a hole in for all of the different levels on the end. (You'd be surprised by all the broken pieces of old slag glass that you can find around old junk stores and flea markets.) I bought a huge box for $5 that will last me forever! I love shopping at junk stores to collect the unusual things that I will put on my wind chimes. You can make all kinds of themes, from the white pearl look, to the Christmas look, to the modern look, you name it! It's fun!

I haven't found anything else. But from these directions it sounds easy enough to do.

Have fun and do post pictures when done.

FlowerLady

o

flowerlady6 - thank you for the instructions. Now that Christmas is over, I'm going to start on this project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here