Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

Whatcha Working On? Hoppin' John and Pot Likker

kudzukween
15 years ago

I'm tired from the Christmas holidays, but can't stop that creative side of me from going and going. I decided to skip right over Mardi Gras decor this year, since Fat Tuesday/Shrove Tuesday is only 10 days after St. Valentine's Day. The plastic baggie wreath is something I saw on here last year, perhaps it was Oddie who made one? Anyway, I kept the idea in the back of my mind and I tried to find the post and haven't yet. Still on the look-out for sheet music, so I may have to just print my own! To many ideas out there that use it, and they look so sweet.

Tomorrow we make Black-eyed Peas and Rice, and Fried Cabbage and Cornbread and Coleslaw to ring in the New Year with Good Luck and Good Fortune!

Comments (8)

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

Can you use these???
    {{gwi:1487712}}

{{gwi:1487713}}

They were both scanned as an 8x10...so you should be able to print them out at the same size, even though I posted them at an email size.

patti

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, Patti, Thank You so much! The sheet music is perfect, I love the aged color of it, and it goes great with some projects I've seen. I love the second one,too, reminds me of an old Sears catalog. I'll create some things and post them on my blog when I get my camera, maybe in the morning or some time tomorrow :D
    I also have some projects using book pages coming up soon,too! So find one of your books you thought you'd throw in the trash, and keep it.
    Thanks again, this is like a Christmas gift :D
    Cherry/Kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

• oddie
    15 years ago

kudzu's here is the post with a photo of the plastic bag wreath I made,there are two post the frist has all the instructions for makeing it and more from other crafters.
    Happy Crafting
    oddie
    ps I also made a heart shape button pin if you would like to see it or cant find the other post just let me know.

Here is a link that might be useful: wreath made from baggies

• barb_from_pa
    15 years ago

Gosh that's kind of a blast from the past. I remember making wreaths from plastic bags (dry cleaning ones, I think) back when I was a Brownie.

Oddie - the one you made is so pretty. I may have to try it again after all these years. Thank you for sharing!

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, Oddie, that's the one, and Thank You so much for posting it again! I couldn't even remember how the baggies went on, so I improvised. I lined up a stack of about 20 or 30 at a time, and cut off the 3 seamed sides, this freed the fold-lock top,so I could lay it flat to match the back of the baggie. Then I folded them in half lengthwise,then folded them in half again.(fourths)I tied them on with a single overhand. I used a metal coat hanger to make the wreath form. Don't untwist the hanger, just bend it into a circle. I'll let you know how long it takes to tie them all on!
    And please post the pin again. I have a lot of new buttons in my collection.

• amberscu
    15 years ago

I never thought about doing the wreath for Valentine's Day. I made a few for Christmas. I'll have to see what I can find.

I am on my crafting break right now. I always take January off and start back up in February. I am so burnt out right now. It happens every year. I work from Feb on getting ready for craft shows for the fall and Christmas gifts. I think I might clean my craft room and work on a quilt. Who knows???

Oh, I fixed saurkraut and pork roast for our New Year's meal. My grandmother believes it brings good luck! I forgot to get a pork roast and she had my mother run to the grocery last night so I'd have one for today. It was so good!!

• oddie
    15 years ago

you are welcome, the frist wreath I made was in a heart shape, cant find that photo, I followed all the instructions for cutting and tieing, on the second one I said to heck with all the cutting, left the fold part out and just tied them on, looked the same as the frist one to me, was still just as full, but eather way they are very pretty!
    yes a very old craft, made with baggies, dry cleaner bags, or grocery bags, you can do the same with strips of ribbon, lots of ways to make them,
    kudzu's here is the post on the button pin, wish I had taken a photo of the frist one I made, was much nicer, my dad saw it and wanted to give it to one of his honeys at the retirement center!the button pin wasnt my idea I saved a photo from somewhere then did my own thing, just shareing a cute idea.
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: button pin post

• LibbyLiz
    15 years ago

What am I working on?

I'm still working on Christmas tree ornaments!

And I will continue to do so until it's warm enough to venture outside without the use of a Columbia parka, snow shovel & Sorel boots.

LOL

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia