Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
baby shower cake with vintage travel as subject

Posted by bluegrassgirl (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 1, 10 at 14:23

Trying to figure out how to use vintage travel, old cars, trains etc as subject on cake. Also, what do I write other than "welcome baby" etc. Looking for clever ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: baby shower cake with vintage travel as subject

I used to decorate cakes!! Got lots of odd requests. Never to mix vintage with newborn tho. So kind of divide the cake into vintage with the old luggage, old cars, old trains to represent the past. & lower 1/2 (make the Left side all that going towards right upper corner so maybe small image of old train will be going off somewhere. then on a diagonal write Baby zooming into the future & under the writing have ipod, computer, hiphop or whatever you can draw or copy off & cover with clear contact plastic to represent baby's new world. Could make old postcard looking rectangles with Paris, Rome, Greece etc, or places in U.S. or old looking car with luggage in back seat & names on side of car Boston, N.Y. L.A. anyway that is only way I can think of to tie it together. Depends on size of cake too. Also your decorating ability, if you aren't good with cars you might see if you can find vintage looking matchbox car or old train or make postage stamps with names of towns in the contact clear plastic, cover both sides & just put 2c(cents) or 3 c to seem like from long ago. Might find small horse & buggy at a decorating shop to represent old days & use ads to get pics of stuff on sale like ipods, cell phones, computers or draw them yourself, if baby is here a computer screen with baby's name, birth weight would be cute in lower half. Good Luck! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here