Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
brother innovis embroidery machine help!!

Posted by harpie (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 07 at 13:33

This machine is new to me. With my old Brother machine all I had to do was insert a floppy disk with my embroidery design on it and sew. This was only uses the card. I have glanced through the instruction book for the machine and for PE design and there is no topic on how to transfer directly to the card from the computer. NOW THE QUESTION: When I purchase a design on line ~ i.e. Embroidery.com ~ and then download and save it to my computer ~ how do I get it to my blank card? My computer is in one room and the machine is in another so I can't go directly from computer to machine. I do have PE Design (which is all Greek to me) so do I need to download it into the PE design program? If so, how do I do it? I just want to make my postman a Christmas gift!!! Gad! Can't anything be simple anymore??? Thanks in advance for any help given.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: brother innovis embroidery machine help!!

Harpie, Sorry I can't help you and I'm not saying someone on the Crafts & Decorations forum can't help you - but you might want to also post this on the "sewing forum" that Garden Web also has. Check the home page for that forum.

Sal

o

There is actually an embroidery forum here. It's mostly dedicated to machine embroidery because I have went there trying to learn more about hand stitching with no luck. Try there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Embroidery forum

o

I know you posted asking for help, sorry I know nothing about this but saw the most beautiful Christmas tree and thought I would post it.

http://www.embroiderylibraryprojects.com/
oddie
sorry the right page didnt come up,look under Christmas crafts!

Here is a link that might be useful: Beautiful Christmas tree

o

Hi,
First you need to download the design into a folder or desktop(you might have to unzipp the file..click on(extract here).The load your PE design software and upload your new unzipped file. Save from PE design to card.

P.S> I also own a Innovis 4000d...What a Great tool in my arsenal..
Feel free to contact me for further instructions.

Have Fun !!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here