Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quick and Easy Ornaments

Posted by smickerdoodle (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 10, 08 at 13:32

Thought you all might like to see a couple of the ornaments that my daughters and I made this year. These are really easy to do if any of you need quick ideas. They are on my photobucket page. The ones I am talking about are the penguin ornament and the snowgirl...

Here is a link that might be useful: Micki's Photobucket page

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quick and Easy Ornaments

Fantastic ! Do you paint these?

o

Oh smick your things are sooo cute....Give details....lol

o

Thanks you guys. Yes I painted the faces on them.

Ok lets see...They were made from clear bulbs that I got at Michael's. The penguin ones we spray painted the bulbs black to start. The hats I bought some scarves at the dollar store. I cut them into pieces that fit around the ball with enough for a half inch or so seam. I doubled the fabric to give it more body by folding it over. after stitching them up the back I folded them and put the folded edged down over the ball ornament and hot glued it in place(covering about half the ball). Then I cut a piece of a boa to fit over the edge of the hat forming the feathery brim. Then I painted the faces and made beaded hangers like one of the girls on here made and put it on.
They were fun to make and really didn't take much time at all. I love them...they are so cute hanging on the tree.

o

I love them, and the boa is so sweet on there! The blue boas goes great with the penguin. Oh, and your beaded ornament hangers are cute, I love the pearly colors.
I can never find the clear ornaments, they run out so fast! I had plans to make some with feathers in them. And I haven't found any at yard sales or thrift stores that I'd be willing to bleach out :D They're too pretty and I wind up keeping them!
Kudzu

o

wow! your craft is really pretty. did you do the bathroom floor? is it mosaic? and i love the sun shaped mirror too though i really couldn't open the pictures larger... must be something wrong with photobucket again. the christmas ornaments are simply delightful :)))

o

soooo cute! love the cute faces and how you decorated them.
I can never find the clear balls eather, got to move fast I guess, will keep for next year.
TFS
oddie

o

Thank you...Yes my daughters and I did the bathroom floor. It is stained glass mosaic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here