Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lara_gw

Neat idea for old mismatched jewelry, a Christmas tree!

Lara
16 years ago

Is't this a neat idea? I'm thinking icky costume jewelry from Christmases past, that somehow got misplaced, accidentally of course, LOL!

Don't laugh, but I was picturing this on a bathroom wall, sorta like bathroom humor! I have the perfect spot for it, between the tank and the vanity cabinet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270194564697&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Comments (5)

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

no laughter here...not only are these folk art but highly collectable. I have a nice collection large and small. Some of the jewelry put on these when they were a popular handicraft in the 70's are now making these very very expensive to purchase.
    I don't collect the ones with the lights but I do collect the others.

ginger

Here's a quick link to a few of mine I have both collected and made...

Here is a link that might be useful: BeJeweled Christmas Trees

• cwo3112
    16 years ago

That is really a pretty one. I have been planning to make one for a while, that picture will help me a lot.

• sjarz
    16 years ago

The light up one that is listed on ebay has been viewed 569 times! And has one bid for $15. - I like it but some of that old jewelry is pretty valuable these days, not sure I'd include it in a tree - great use for the zillions of costume earrings that are around, though.
    Suzan J

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

ginger
    Your work is lovely I really like what you have done.

• Ina Plassa_travis
    16 years ago

:) it's one of the few uses I've ever found for those horrible strands of pseudo-beads, besides princess costuming for my god-babies (who have now started making their own stuff - it's an amazing feeling when a kid goes from asking for stuff - to asking for the tools to try it herself)

they make perfectly acceptable garland for minature trees :)

but wow - I hadn't really thought of anything 'new' to do with the crappy costume jewelry that inevitably gets mixed in with the bag lots I pick up because there's a handful of glass beads in the bottom...

:) I think I feel a new project coming on!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner