Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
angel feather ornament

Posted by chattypatty49 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 2, 08 at 13:09

I lurk here often. Some time ago I saw a glass ornament with a feather in it and a poem to go with it.

Does anyone have the directions on how to make them.

I lost my mom on the 20th of Nov, and would like to try and make my brother,son and nephews one. Not sure I can, but would love to give it a try.

TIA
Patty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: angel feather ornament

I know I know! lol, I remember because I saved it and wanted to make some for myself and family. Pattico made them, and there is a poem to go with it,too. They're beautiful and carry beautiful sentiment,too.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/crafts/msg1201315228829.html?3

copy and paste this for the poem that goes with the ornament.
Below is the link to the photo.
Cherry/Kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Patticos Angel Feather

o

Chatty Patty - I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how hard the first Christmas is after losing someone close!

As for the ornaments, I have never seen them with that shape ornament before. Very pretty! I usually just see the round bulb type. I have also seen them with a pink feather for breast cancer with the poem wording a little different.

o

I thought I had the poem but I can't find it. But, the rest is easy. You buy a plain clear glass ornament any size of your choice. Take the cap off & place a small fluffy white feather inside and put the cap back on.
Print the poem out using a card stock paper, punch a hole in the top corner of it & run a ribbon through the hole so you can tie it to the same place where the hook or hanger goes. I sure hope someone else out there has the poem for you! I will continue to look for it and ask my friends too. Good luck! :)

o

Here is a site that shows an ornament and card that can be purchased. But as the-light-lady says, the ornaments are pretty easy to make. The card on this one says:

Angel Feather
I am an angel feather sent from up above
To serve as a reminder of His most gracious love.
Im from your guardian angel that God assigned to you,
it fell out in her struggles as she protected you.
Each time you almost stumble, each time you nearly fall
thank God and all His angels for answering your call

See link:

Here is a link that might be useful: angel feather ornament

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here