Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
porcelain Santa head and hands

Posted by cateyanne (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 18, 08 at 12:46

I posted this in the doll making forum, but no one is talking over there. I guess everyone is busy for the holidays. I'm hoping a crafter here will have some advise. I got an idea to make one of those Santa dolls you see in the stores, they are standing on a base of some kind with clothes trimmed in fur and carrying a sack of toys. Decorative dolls I guess you'd call them. I bought a porcelain head and hands set in the local craft store, but cannot find out how to attach it to a body. I can sew and am very handy. I have no doubt I can make one of these. This head does not have any holes in the breastplate, I cannot figure out how you would go about attaching it to a body.
Can anyone give advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: porcelain Santa head and hands

Had hopes someone here could help you, not a sewer but a make doer, I remenber the dolls from years ago most had holes to attach
maybe you could glue them, E6000 will hold just about anything, you could use hot glue to help hold till the E6000 sets, and the parts will be covered with santas clothes right, you would need a diamond bit to drill the holes yourself.
maybe someone will have a better idea.
Happy Crafting
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here