Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

Pixies In A Jar

kudzukween
16 years ago

These are my grandchildren. I made them for my ex daughter in law and my daughter. Printed out the pics on the computer and added wings and flowers and stars,used glitter glue to paint them with,put them in old canning jars and filled it with Easter grass and ribbon and charms on the ends. Painted the lids,too. They don't look nearly as good here as they do in real life:) LOL but trust me,they're "purty".

{{gwi:1487577}}

{{gwi:1487578}}

{{gwi:1487579}}

Comments (17)

• Connie Kru
    16 years ago

Did you use regular paper or a transparency.
    I love the idea

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I used photo paper,semi gloss.

• jenme43
    16 years ago

Awwwwwww...simply adorable, the grandchildren as well as the jars....love that!....

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

What a great idea and what adorable children!!

• oddie
    16 years ago

Sooo cute! been wanting to do some of my gds, thanks for shareing the photos and info on how you made them,,the children are all sooo cute! also.
    oddie

• enjoyingspring
    16 years ago

Great idea, one question, how do you hold them in place in the jar so they don't tip over?? Could you show us a picture of the back of the jar to see what it looks like from behind.

Thanks

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks ya'll:) The pictures are slightly curled,and the Easter grass/filler is holding them up. I've already wrapped those and haven't made my own set yet...I'm sorry I can;t show the back. I did drop in a battery operated votive at the last minute :)

• enjoyingspring
    16 years ago

Now I know what my next project will be. Thanks for the great idea.

• Jacquelyn
    16 years ago

Ohh these are such a cute idea!! Your grandkids are so cute!

• sjarz
    16 years ago

Very nice and a lovely personal gift - I'm sure the gals will love and cherish them. Great job!
    Suzan J

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

I meant to add that they look three dimensional

• Connie Kru
    16 years ago

found some patterns that might help someone

Here is a link that might be useful: wings

• pattico_gw
    16 years ago

I think if you glued the pic of just the child without the wings to some of that foamcore board. then put the wings on they would stand up better. You could even make a stand like the old time paper dolls had. They were a half circle with a notch and the bottom of the doll had a notch that fit together on the circle.

I'd love to make them of my grandchildren. Even if their moms don't like the I think the kids would love them. Hope I can get some good shots of the kids.

I love your ideas...

patti

• chrizty
    16 years ago

wow!! what a wonderful idea!!! i just love them, your grandkids are so cute:)
    im gonnna do this:) thanks for the idea!:)

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

These are so precious, what a fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

Sal

• pattico_gw
    16 years ago

Kudzukween...forgive me for bringing these up again...

But I finally got my kids pictures taken, printed out and cut out. Ready to put the jar together....

I wanted to know what you used for the wings...

I keep seeing something in my mind that is kind of like a
    wrinkled cellophane, with a pearlized(is that what they call that stuff that shines pinks,blues and other colors) look to it...

I think that is what I want but I don't know where to get it.

patti

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just got the e-mail, I'm so sorry for missing your post*blush* But I did send a loooong e-mail back to you,lol! Ooh, I bet you could get some of that cellophane and do it like making a fan,and glue it to the back:) I used photoshop and some wing brushes to make mine,and printed them out and cut around the outlines then used glitter glue to paint it, I added a few rhinestones. I put the picture in the jar,then filled it in with Easter grass in a blue color,and also some irredescent color. I used velcro inside the lid and stuck on a battery operated votive inside. Look around the wrapping paper for the cellophane stuff, I saw some at Dollar General where the tissue paper and gift bag filler is. And all the Easter stuff is on clearance so you might find it all on sale:)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms