Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vintage coasters

Posted by luthien (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 3, 08 at 12:32

hello :)
just wanted to share my simple coasters here :) and... am i allowed to post pictures here? i don't see a lot of photos being posted here. anyway... here they are...

coasters edited rs

have a good week ahead :)

Here is a link that might be useful: if you like to read about them...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vintage coasters

Very neat!! I went to your blog and read how to make them but, I must ask, what is micro fiber board? Where do you get it at?

I also liked your tags!

o

hello ambersc,
thank you! well... i THINK they are called micro fiber board...:p it's basically compressed wood chip or more like wood dust. like cardboard only much tougher and harder. you can get lots of different shapes and cut-outs in decorative art stores. they are specially made for decorative artists to paint on. they also come in little containers, boxes, birdhouses, you name it. hope that helps :)

o
RE: vintage coasters - fiber board

hi amberscu
i have added a photo of the fiber board in the blog post, if you still wanna know how it looks like :) hope that helps :)

o

Thanks for the quick response! I bet I can find those at Hobby Lobby!!

I hope your co-workers like them!

o

Pictures are always welcome...I love the coasters. Might have try some of those. Thanks for sharing...

o

Very retro!! Love them!!!Jan

o

hello ladies :)
thank you for all your lovely comments :)))) really appreciate it :)

o

I LOVE them, I love the paper you chose, and how you used it! Perfect for coasters :D
Cherry/Kudzu

o

thanks kudzu :) i've been to your site and you do some real innovative stuff :) very inspirational :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here