Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few more Christmas crafts

Posted by oddie (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 10:55

you know how I like makeing something to give candy or cookies in, saw this hat done in paper form, so heres mine Super size veg can, bottom cut from a sheet of sand paper will add cellophane with cookies and a ribbon of some sort.

Photobucket

a couple bottle cap pins I made, not good photos two much glare, but you get the idea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

last are scented snowballs, I like useing wax cause you can add alot of scent and kept wraped latter will stay from year to year, I will add a sprig of fresh pine attached to the bag when I give these.

Photobucket

thanks for looking
oddie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few more Christmas crafts

wow! such cool ideas! and pretty too!

o

Ooh, Oddie, I love the hat you made, and wish I'd seen this post before I went out and bought tins from the dollar store. We give candy or cookies to all our neighbors every year.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful idea.
Goodness knows, I've saved plenty of coffee cans.

o

Those are so cute. I might have to try something like that for small gifts of candy or something. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

o

Good ideas. Is there a tutorial for the bottle cap pins? Thanks

o

How cute!! I love the snowman hat!! I think I could even handle the painting of it!! What a great idea!!! TFS!

o

Thank you! glad you liked them.
twinklenose, wish I had some of the coffee cans left, have used all of the ones I saved, did a cute snowman last year, if I can find the photo I will post it for you.
sorie6 if you look on page 2 of the gallery there are more of the snowflake pins I made last year, I posted how to make them on that post, if you need more help just ask.
Heres the snowman made with a coffee can, hat is made from a nut can, opens also for small candy.

Photobucket
Happy Crafting
oddie

o

That is SO sweet!
Thank you for posting this one, too. ((hugs))

o

How do you make the picture with the edges fading away?

o

So cute, and a really great idea! And the snowman, two for one cans, I really love that one :D

o

Thank you! if you like this type of craft check out the post ( painted paver? ) and look for gram_nh post click on the link she posted you will see a real cute snowman contender made from tins soooo cute! you will want to make one for sure!
Joytwo1839 I use picture it photo program and when I am done fixing the photo I use the tool for edges that will highlite or soft them ,love the look it gives.
Happy Crafting
oddie

o

Very cute ideas. Love them.

Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here