Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

homemade lotion

oddie
18 years ago

Hi all I have been a looker foe quite a few years love reading all your post, and have made servel crafts from your ideas, THANKS I'am looking for a post of lotion made from servel ideams brought at dollar stores, wrinkle cream. vitimen e cream, baby lotion, cant remenber what else if someone knows please post thanks in advance oddie

Comments (11)

• Red_Confetti
    18 years ago

Check the link below that is currently at the Kitchen Table forum... it is for a hand lotion made with just 3 ingredients found at a dollar store!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ggrrrrreat stuff.....for dry winter skin

• oddie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Red Confetti and so quick, that recipe is close but I know this one had wrinkle crean in it, I remenber thinking how strange, then of course forgot where I read it at. I'll give this one a try thanks agine oddie

• Tnflower_lover
    18 years ago

Here is another that was posted last year

Here is a link that might be useful: lotion

• oddie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wanted to let you know I tried the lottion recipe and your right its wonderful! I have very dry skin and just useing it once has helped alot, Iam hooked, I wonder if f/o could be used and what would work with the baby lotion scent, and does anyone have a hint for filling those small hole lotion bottles, this lotion is very thick and takes a long time to fill a bottle Thanks oddie

• Yaya7
    18 years ago

I found all the items at the Dollar General store. Just need to know which of the two baby lotion scents they carry to use. They have regular baby lotion scent and the lavender and chamomile scent lotion, both are Dollar General brand. Also, I bought Dollar General brand petroleum jelly, instead of "Vaseline" brand. Is that ok? Thanks

Yaya

• oddie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

yaya7 hi I used the lavender and chamomile, but I doult it matters I just dont care for the scent of regular baby lotion so was trying to get away from it, I used the dollar store brand of petroleum jelly. also I read on another post that you could use olive oil would like to try it, have to wait till I use up some of mine frist. I also want to try it and add wrinkle cream, I know the frist recipe I read had it in it also ,check out the post at the top with the link, I have one hint and that is to mix well. HAPPY CRAFTING
    oddie

• Yaya7
    18 years ago

Cool! Thanks for the quick reply. I bought both scents of lotion just in case. I'll see which I like best. Also, I tried the Delon vitamin e cream on my hands, and it does a pretty good job of moisturizing my skin alone as is. Smells pretty good too. I am so glad I went to the $ store. I found a stash of violet scented cologne. I love the smell of violets, and a long time ago I had bought some nice violet perfume, but it was very pricey$$! This one I found at the dollar store was only $4, and it smells really good! I figure for every day use, you can't beat the price. If anything, perhaps it can be used for spritzing the house aromas away, LOL!

Yaya7

• grandma_bonnie
    16 years ago

just a thought on putting the lotion in the small jars... Put the lotion in a large baggy and cut a hole in the corner. Squeeze the lotion into the jars... Nice and neat!

• danaoh
    16 years ago

I made this for gifts - everyone loves it. One girl told me she puts it on her very rough feet, puts on an old pair of her husbands gray socks and goes to bed - next morning is amazing. I have tried it, too - really works. Wonder if I could find a pair of cotton gloves and do it for my hands? btw- I used all dollar store brand.

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

omg! such a old post, I beleive it was my frist, and on the soap and candle makeing fourm, and back when I thought I could still see without glasses LOL!
    Have to say I still love the lotion! use it all the time, had also learned to use the large baggie to fill bottles, helps alot!
    oddie

• catsoup
    13 years ago

I wait until Bath & Body Works has my favorite lotion on sale and use it instead of the baby lotion. I do not use the JAR of vaseline but the vaseline in a tube. I use the Dollar General brand of everything except the lotion. This lotion works so well and smells really good. It really stretches your B&BW scented lotion. Thanks for the tip to put it in a baggie and squeeze into the bottle.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH