Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poinsettia Garland

Posted by calicocat1967 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 22, 08 at 10:14

It was way too cold (-17) and windy to go anywhere, so I sat by the fire and made this. Very easy. My hubby even liked it.

Tis the seasaon !!
Kim

entire garland
Closeup of garland
Garland

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poinsettia Garland

You had me at "very easy"! How are they made please?

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Kath

o

Hope this helps. I tried to draw out the instructions. Sorry for the poor drawing !!

Kim

What You Need

* Red chenille bump stems (four for each flower)
* 8-millimeter natural round wooden beads (six for each flower)
* Thin wire

How to Make It

Note: One blossom measures about 5 1/2 inches across.

1. Fold each end of a chenille stem to the center of the stem; twist the ends around the center.
2. Pinch the stem at the folds to form the petal points. Shape the stem between the points and the center to create a double-petal piece. Make a total of four double-petal pieces.
3. Layer the double-petal pieces in pairs to form two "X" shapes.
4. Wire the pairs together at the center.
5. Attach six beads to the center of each with wire. (I used white beads instead)
6. Make additional poinsettias for a garland in the same manner, except slip one end of a chenille stem through a petal of the adjacent poinsettia before folding it to the center and twisting the end in place.

Poinsettia Instructions

o

Oh I love this! I'll have to remember to buy more greenery garland after Christmas, and stock up on chenille stems :D

o

Very pretty!!! Look easy to make!! Hope I have some chenille bump stems!!Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here