Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easy Ornaments

Posted by calicocat1967 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 18, 08 at 9:16

Here are a couple of easy ornaments that I copied from you talented people. And beleive me they were easy. I am not that talented, so if I can do them anyone can. :-)

Tis the season !!
Kim

Beaded snowflakes 3
Beaded snowflakes 2
Beaded snowflakes 1
Red ribbon poinsettia on tree
Group of ribbon poinsettia
Green ribbon poinsettia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easy Ornaments

Love your ornaments. You have a beautiful house too.

Ramona

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

o

sure looks like you are very talented to me, very beautiful ornaments! wonderful crafting! thats what I love about fourms mostly ours, but the idea of shareing our crafts, and the willing to explane it all so others can make it also.
TFS!
oddie

o

Thanks for the comments. Yes they are easy and here is what I had for instructions. You have to use wired ribbon. I made my pleats 2 1/4" long. There is a bead between each pleat. Hope this helps.
Poinsettia Instructions 1
Poinsettia Instructions 2

Tis the season..
Kim

o

Oh, wow, they're beautiful! On my poinsettia bows,I didn't use a needle and thread to make mine, I used thin floral wire like it was a needle, and I didn't have any problems. Also, I skipped the bead in between each pleat on my last ones, and just twisted the wire a bit tighter, and glued beads in the center.
I love the beaded snowflakes, and the colors you chose :D

o

Kudzu,
I am having trouble getting the thread tied tight. Great idea with the wire. I am going to try that tonight. The beaded snowflakes hang on my picture window in my sitting room. Not sure if you can see them here or not.
South window sitting room
New ornament

Tis the season !!
Kim

o
Instructions

I have been out. Here are a couple of pictures. I hope they help.

Tis the season !!
Kim
beads on ribbon flower

ribbon lfower
closeup of ribbon flower

o

Thanks for the extra pics Kim, that made allot more sense to me! Got to go dig our some of my wired ribbon and give this a try. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here