Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grandma_bonnie

best homemade Christmas gift

grandma_bonnie
17 years ago

What was your most favorite gift that you received that was homemade?

Comments (18)

• adrander
    17 years ago

MY SPOUSE ALWAYS MAKES CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS. WE HAVE THEM ALL FROM 31 YEARS OF MARRIAGE.

• grandma_bonnie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wonderful! I love that!!!

• minnie_tx
    17 years ago

adrander,
    How nice. Can we see some Pics???

• User
    17 years ago

When I was a teenager, my girlfriend learned to crochet and made me a two-tone blue afgan for Christmas. I still use it and think of her, though we've lost touch, 29 years later.

• chickencollecter
    17 years ago

Beaded jewerly from my daughter!

Be Safe, Rach

• sweets98
    17 years ago

Nobody really thinks to make me stuff! It's what I like and what I do for everyone else but I don't get anything in return! LOL

I don't know if this counts but last year my Gram had a lady at my great aunt's church make a doily with our last name in the center. Then Gram and Pap made us frames. I just LOVE it! And it's the last thing my grandparents worked on together before they divorced.

They also made me a doll house when I was younger. It's too big so it's still in my Mom's basement. I would love to get a hold of it and do some work on it. The colors of paint they chose were a little much for me! LOL

• toomuchglass
    17 years ago

Food ........ cookies cookies cookies......
    I Don't bake ,so anything homemade is a pleasure for me to recieve.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

I am bumping this because its time to think about what to make again! I think telling your fave is a good way to help other people with ideas.

A bil and his wife made everyone birdhouses one year. That was very nice and we are still using ours, or the birds are, 15 years later.

Kathy

• bulldinkie
    12 years ago

Me too with ornaments,every year we decorate tree I remember where I was etc while hanging different ornaments I have grandmas ,my mothers,mothernlaws christmas ornaments plus all the ones my daughter & I made,the time crafting with my daughter Ill never forget sorry ..just remembering..

• musicteacher
    12 years ago

My Dad made me a cradle, using the same wood from a now broken twin bed that my grandfather had made me as a child. LOVE it!!!!

• cindyloo123
    12 years ago

One of my aunts went through all of her photos, found all of those that included me, made copies of them for me and put them in an album. PRICELESS.

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Years ago my Aunt (dad's sister) did china painting. One year she made me a china painted charm bracelet (three charms) and later made me a ring to match. They must be at least 30 years old and I still love them.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Chelcass, I'd love to see a picture! I am thinking of making some china charms from my mosaic cut up pieces.
    Kathy

• party_music50
    12 years ago

My sister made me a patchwork jacket from my deceased niece's (her youngest daughter's) jeans and pants. It's lined with her leopard-print sheets. I absolutely love it and always get compliments when I wear it.

• Rajrang123
    12 years ago

In last Christmas my friend made me Rajasthani wall hanging, I loved it, as I am a big fan of Indian crafts. It still hangs on my wall as a prized possession.

• patty_cakes
    12 years ago

Nut roll! ;o)

• chelcass
    12 years ago

My aunt used to china paint and she made me a bracelet with three charms. That was 45 years ago and I still have it.

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Kathy, would you believe I just now saw your message from Oct.? I will dig the bracelet and ring out and take pictures of it for you.

Thinking back that bracelet has to be over 50 years old. Wow time passes quickly.