Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas cocoa

Posted by skyrider (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 07 at 8:07

Hoping someone may have a reallly good hot chocolate in a jar recipe to share. I have tried some, including Hershey's recipe, I didn't care for that one too much. Plain hot cocoa, white chocolate hot cocoa and mint hot cocoa would be great! Would love to find a good recipe, as I have already made up bags and working on tags to go with the theme!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas cocoa

If you google "hot chocolate in a jar recipe" you will come up with a bunch of recipes.

o

grannymarsh, thanks, many came up to check out!
skyrider

o

I buy Christmas cups at the Thrift stores and put a pkg. of hot chocolate mix in them with a gift tag. The college kids especially like them. Just another idea to think about.

o

Posie, sounds like a good idea...even the $ stores have some really cute ones. The store bought cocoa tastes better than what I've attempted to make so far anyway!

o

Add one of those tiny bottles of Peppermint Schnapps into the mug with the mix .... there's nothing better than hot chocolate with an extra special ingredient !! *big smile*

o

thanks everyone! I found a good one!

http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/recipe368.laurashotcocoamix.html

It even has a sample to make (just in case you don't care for it).

o

This is a little different...but this is my favorite drink in the winter.

I love spiced Chia Tea by Lipton...I make a batch of tea and put two spoons (large tea mug) of a choc mix...
I use Swiss Miss (no sugar) and the Creamora "Hazelnut" lite. I mix it half and half in a container.

You could give as a gift a container of the mix and a box of tea bags....

WalMart has little tea spoons with tea pots on the top. Two of them to a package...they aren't very much...

I would love that as a gift.

My grandaughters love my "Chai Tea" and always ask for it when they come over in the winter.

Last year I gave them their own "kit"...they were thrilled...and didn't plan on sharing it

patti

o

that sounds really adorable with the little tea spoons! I found some dark chocolate covered tiny (really thin)peppermint sticks at Walmart and thought of using those as stirring sticks for the cocoa.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here