Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cloth Shopping Bags

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 24, 09 at 23:47

I've been cutting out sets of these shopping bags from some of my old quilt fabric. That stash I saved was good for something! After Thanksgiving I'll sew them up. This uses a plastic shopping bag that all stores use, as a pattern. There is a complete tutorial at Craftster. The link is on my blog! go check it out, these will make great gifts, or gift bags! It shows how to sew a pocket on front, so you can fold it into a little square to keep in your purse or car!
reusable shopping bag cloth shopping bag

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cloth Shopping Bags

Thanks for sharing this. I have extra material that I've been wondering what to do with. I hope I can find time to try the pattern this weekend. These would make nice Christmas gifts, very "green." I think you are so clever, and I admire your creativity.

Susan

o

Kudzu, I enjoyed your blog, after seeing this post. Flamingo on the KT also makes these, but didn't mention putting the pocket on them to fold them into. I didn't see the pattern in the link on your blog. Can you please tell me where to put the pocket?

Tami

o

I'm so sorry I missed your comment, socks! You're very welcome...and Thank You!

Tami...the post about the cloth shopping bags is right here;

http://kudzukween.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-11-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2009-12-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=5

I got it from Craftster.....it's called the Singlet Shopping Bag. What she does is fold the bag up in thirds and then folds it again, and measures that. Then cuts out a rectangle the folded bag will fit into, plus extra. That's sewn onto the front of the bag right before the last step of sewing the bottom closed.
just click on the word craftster in the post to get to it :D

kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o

Thanks. As my car died yesterday, maybe I will get the gumption to go down and hem some pants, fix split elbows in DH's work shirts, and make a bag or two!

Tami

o

I finished another set of three shopping bags!
I didn't add the pocket on these either...
cloth re-usable shopping bags

o

I'm glad this popped up again - I missed the post in November. Thanks for sharing another great idea!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here