Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Removing snow spray from glass ornaments

Posted by mainecoonkitty (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 28, 09 at 21:57

I've inherited some gorgeous blown glass painted Christmas ornaments from an elderly relative. They're probably at least 75 years old. The problem.....when she used them on her tree, she sprayed the whole thing with that fake artificial snow spray and they're coated with the stuff! Does anyone know what solvent will remove that fake snow stuff without using water? I tried washing a small spot on the backside of one of them and the paint came off too. Windex? Rubbing alcohol?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Removing snow spray from glass ornaments

Window cleaner would probably remove it but if you've washed them and it removed the paint, the window cleaner would probably remove it too. If water takes off the paint any liquid, especially something chemical, will too.

I would take a very soft brush--like an ultra soft tooth brush and try to brush it off

o
RE: Removing snow spray from glass ornaments

try some WD 40, if it takes bugs off cars it will probably take snow off bulbs. If not try goo-gone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here