Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Victorian Carolers sign

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 07 at 21:20

Finished this little sign today. Should have taken the pic before I sprayed the gloss sealer on it. Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Victorian Carolers sign

Oh, look at their sweet faces! This is a bit of a different piece for you, too, isn't it Luvs? I don't know if I've seen you paint people before.

I like the arch shape, too.
-Jenn

o

I like the shape of your sign too. You do beautiful work!

o

Jenn, you are right, I don't usually try to do faces--eyes can really make or break the look of the piece. You notice there are no eyes to worry about on this one! LOL

As you know, I love roses, and country/Victorian style so when I saw this pattern, it just "called" to me to make it. Now I have to figure out where I am going to display it for the holidays! LOL

Jane, thank you for the nice compliment.

Luvs

o

Just beautiful ! luvs, you do such a great job at painting! see why I come to you for advice, plus the fact that your a nice person and always willing to help everyone! Iam paying attention to your shadeing, looks beautiful!
Oddie

o

Luvs, you indicate you avoided the eyes, but those long eyelashes entirely made the expression-- if it was a workaround it sure was an effective one.

I'm right there with you on the roses and Victorian look. And your roses beat any I've done by a MILE. :-) So fun!
-Jenn

o

So-o-o pretty! You did an excellent job on it, as with anything you do.

o

Jenn, the roses on this piece were just what I call "mock" roses--just a blob of paint and then some c strokes pulled on each side. But thank you for the compliment. ;o)

Oddie, you are doing really great with your painting. You have such a good eye and a way with color. I'm looking forward to seeing more projects that you paint.

Shysue, you are the one who had that great wagon and fall display. Doing vignettes like that show real artistic talent too. ;o)

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here