Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Organizing Inspiration

Posted by concretenprimroses (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 10, 09 at 20:52

I used to cut things from magazines and put them in a file and I never looked at them, then I tried a notebook and I never looked at them. I found a system using old style pocket photo albums that works for me that I want to share. I posted pics and more of an explanation on my blog if you are interested:
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: concretenprimroses blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
I meant to also say...

May be we could use this thread to share how we save things that inspire us or that we want to do. Or any other hints about keeping our crafting lives in order. I'm experienceing crafting creep as supplies and magazine articles appear all over the house.
kathy

o
RE: Organizing Inspiration

Actually I put my clippings in regular file (tabbed)folders, and use a crate to hold them. Easy to drop in a clipping, and easy to pull out the folder to use. This holds a variety of information - from craft projects to painting inspirations. I mostly paint so I have my folders specifically titled, i.e. not animals, but horses, deer, etc. The plastic crate I have accepts hanging folders, so I place the file folders in hanging folders. Sometimes I may place a couple of file folders in one hanging folder if the subject matter is similar - i.e. the animal group above listed. I may have one for wild animals, with folders for big cats, birds of prey, etc.

Christmas is too large to combine, so I have separate hanging folders for Santas, Angels, Snowpeople, etc.

Kathy, your photo album idea is a good one, especially if each subject is placed in separate or divided albums!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here