Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinkerbear_gw

Sooooo, what's everyone working on now....

Tinkerbear
18 years ago

Since this is a free site again (YAY!! So extremely happy to be able to post!)and there are more people, what is everyone working on?

I have been making some really cute snowballs (joint compound, styrofoam balls, glitter) Just have to say that I am becoming addicted to glitter!! Used to hate the stuff!They have such a great assortment out there now as far as color and size of the flakes! ANYWAY, I've also made a Candy Cane to hang on the front door. Made that out of painted muslin, added a grubby tag and some little pinecones. Plus I have alot of other projects that are half finished, but what crafter doesn't?LOL!! So, what are you working on?

Wendy :)

Comments (10)

• gordon43812
    18 years ago

Well, I've got alot going on right now. Muslin cinnimon buns, primative candy canes, dough ornies, 2 stained glass windows, a quilt, some pet beds for gifts, some xstitch, and some wooden gifts, candles, and a new (made by me ) outside decoration for our yard. I'll never get it done this year!!!!!!!!

• wanda_illinois
    18 years ago

Wish you guys would share some pictures of your projects. I have never seen muslin cinnimon buns or candy canes. I love primitive things.

• craftymeca
    18 years ago

Well I have finished my sales for this year, so I am not currently working on anything to speak of. I made the muslin cinnamon buns last year and they were a lot of fun.I also make cinnamon clay which I make into ornies or small cutouts for my pot pourri. I have started to play around with some stitcheries but have kept those to ornaments at this time.Irene

• loganhogan
    18 years ago

Mostly sewing now, making things at my co-workers request. I'm off until the 28th so I hope to get my christmas presents completed. Nice to see new faces in here!
    Susan in Bama

• irishdancersgram
    18 years ago

I'm mostly quilting...I just finished a table runner, need to bind a baby quilt and have 3 more in mind for Christmas...Too many ideas, not enough time...
    Would love to see or hear more about the cinnamon buns....So happy to be able to post.. Dorothy

• grammasc
    18 years ago

Tote bag/pocket books for gifts, soap, lotion, scrubs, etc.
    for orders.

• sharoncrafts
    18 years ago

I would love to get the pattern for the cinnamon buns too. Please post!

I have completed 9 tea cup bird feeders. The nice man at the home improvement store cut the PVC piping for me! I have also completed 12 dish towel angels and a scrapbook/photo calendar for my in-laws. What to do next????

• craftymeca
    18 years ago

Hi, You will see there is another posting here asking where to get these patterns. Try there as I got my pattern from Fiddly Cat which was the originator of all these if I am not mistaken. Basically they are made with 2- l5" strips of muslin by 3 " wide.Sew these into a tube leaving one end open and stuff lightly or you will have trouble rolling up.Sew up the open end. Gently roll up the stuffed tube into a bun shape, secure with a few stitches. Then push up the bottom in the centre to look like a cinnabun after its been cooked in the oven.Then you stain your bun with i.e. tea or coffee, vanilla and cinnamon . I use a sponge brush to brush all over.Place in low oven on towel on baking sheet.Watch carefully so it does not burn appprox 15 mins or so(keep checking) After it cools you put on the icing. You have your choice of surebonder fabric stix or Joanne's carries white fabric glue sticks . The first comes out white from the g gun and the second comes out clear and then dries white. One is shiny one is not. In any event, you drizzle the icing all over the bun letting it drip down the sides including the stitiches holding it together.I also added some cinnabun fragrance oil to the bottom of the bun and in between the rolls. Mine from last year still smells like fresh baked. Very easy to do and ever more realistic. I will try to post a link for you to see a picture.Irene p.s. I dusted the tops with a little cinnamon

• granny2ricky
    18 years ago

How cute this is......would be so cute to package with a candle for a gift! Love it! Thanks for the info!

• christie_hartner
    18 years ago

Hi all. Just a lurker here. I am working on necklaces. I really love the one that I have made for myself and family loves them as well. They are rice necklaces...I put each of my children's name on a piece but for my MIL I put a name on front and back of all the grandchildren..18 of them (that's why I did front and back). Then I got some small viles off ebay and put the rice in them and fill with oil. Seal and then hang on a thin silver chain with small glass beads. I have seen them online with a kind of cheapo look, but these are much classier. I wear mine daily and MIL wears hers to church.
    I will be starting Christmas gifts soon. I know I have a couple of pair of ice skates to paint scenes on and who knows what else...you all inspire me.
    Thanks