Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jacquelyn72

Jiffy Popcorn Idea

Jacquelyn
19 years ago

Is this ever so cute...

This Idea came form a lady on the HGTV Board!

{{gwi:1486459}}
{{gwi:1486460}}

Comments (33)

• minnie_tx
    19 years ago

This is darling. Is it the bottom of the jiffy pan?

• Jacquelyn
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Minnie...
    Nope its the top. You just print this out on card stock lift the foil edges and slip it under....I thought it was such a neat idea... Here is a snowman to make to...
    {{gwi:1486461}}

• Jacquelyn
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sorry..... I said this came from the HGTV Message Board Wrong! It came from the PCCrafter Message Board

• minnie_tx
    19 years ago

That is a great idea. Speaking of PC crafter do you get the magazine?

• granny2ricky
    19 years ago

This is so cute...has anyone printed this out yet? and if so did it come out to the size of the jiffy top cover?? This looks too small as is.....would love to give these as gifts with the dvd movies I'm giving...so cute!

Vikki~~

• Jacquelyn
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Vicki.. You have to use some editing program like Print Shop Pro or Printmaster Or Picture It, some program where you can resize it.. You might be able to use word if you can get those handles to resize...

Jackie

• pattico_gw
    19 years ago

Great Idea Vikki....DVD and Popcorn

Thanks Jackie and Vikki....You've both helped with gifts for my cousins bags...

patti

• wnlbutterfly
    19 years ago

Actually this idea was in a craft magazine a couple years back, although they had actually PAINTED the gingerbread face. I figured there had to be a faster way, so I used my print program, came up with a CUTE pumpkin for Halloween. Then made a Santa (took a little longer to figure out the design to work).

The following year my Walmart didn't bother to carry Jiffy Pop! So be sure and check that you can get them in your area (generally a $1 each). I did see they had them back this year.

The Santa I made, I had the hat sticking up out of the round circle part (heading up the handle) and just didn't "tuck" that part into the foil, and it worked great! I also added a large white pom pom to the tip of the hat.

I also printed off some tags, that said something corny like "just Popping in to Wish you a Happy Holiday". Something like that!

Laura

• amazingcm
    19 years ago

Our Wal-Mart has them for .96 cents I bought 5 last night..
    I did not just use the face I used the whole Santa and wrote Merry Christmas above him... I am also going to do some this way that says Let it snow with a snowman.
    grace

• Jacquelyn
    Original Author
    19 years ago

For Teachers and Nurses
    These I did not make, but I plan on making some and will share mine too......

Jackie
    {{gwi:1486462}}
    {{gwi:1486463}}

• CraftyMomma
    19 years ago

This is such a cute idea!! I have never seen this before ever! Thank you for sharing!!

Amazingcm: do you have a pic that you could share of the Santa and Let it Snow you plan on using. I'm not too quick with the puter!

• barb_from_pa
    19 years ago

I just love these! I can't wait to try 'em out!

• barb_from_pa
    19 years ago

I resized the gingerbread man and snowman just using Word and they worked fine.

• granny2ricky
    19 years ago

These are just so cute....can't wait to see the santa and any other ideas??

• barb_from_pa
    19 years ago

I'd like to see Santa, too!!

• teddymom
    19 years ago

I can't see these pictures - all I get are red x boxes! Can someone email me the pictures please?
    Sue

• ivamae
    19 years ago

All I am getting is red x's too. it sounds so interesting. wish I could see the pics
    ivamae

• maryanntx
    19 years ago

Here are the pictures that I saved from this thread.

• minnie_tx
    19 years ago

Did anyone mention that Target has the Jiffy's in their dollar aisle.

• barb_from_pa
    19 years ago

I had to pay 1.30 for them at our local Foodland Supermarket. Our Wal-Mart didn't have any. I hope I can find some cheaper.

• amazingcm
    19 years ago

Our Wal-Mart carries them .96 cents.. I just saw posted on another board that she uses decorative gift boxes and cuts out her circle and uses them saving ink... They were really cute also... grace

• maryanntx
    19 years ago

Haha just playing around! How about this gift for my bugsinourteeth biker friends? LOL

• minnie_tx
    19 years ago

Mary Ann that is a riot!!!

• minnie_tx
    19 years ago

I copied the snowman and G Boy to a blank Word document. I couldn't believe how easy it was to resize them. I still have a little more work to do. I'm going to just print out and glue to some card stock. How Clever!

• Elliejo
    19 years ago

I tried to reseze them in word but it was too big for my printer paper. What am I doing wrong. Can you give me the sizes that you made them too, please. Thanks

Elliejo

• minnie_tx
    19 years ago

I looked at my Word Doc and see that I stretched the sides to about a 7" mark and the top and bottom about the same
    I brought up Print Preview and see that it is just a little short of the page width. I have to make mine a little bit bigger maybe a 1/4 " all around
    Hope this helps

• Jacquelyn
    Original Author
    19 years ago

{{gwi:1486467}}

• minnie_tx
    19 years ago

That is just adorable I take it that it's for Harold!!!

• Jacquelyn
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks Minnie.... I thought it would be nice for a jiffy cover and you could put a name in the other star..

{{gwi:1486468}}

• Jacquelyn
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Here is another snowman...

Jackie
    {{gwi:1486469}}

• minnie_tx
    19 years ago

Oh m'gosh!!

I love snowmen. Last year I had all my S'Mores out for my decorations. And DS got me a string of S'More lights too!!

This one for the Jiffy is so cute!!

• Jacquelyn
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Minnie, If you ever want any pictures just let me know
    Jackie

• maryanntx
    19 years ago

I love them both Jackie! The little frog addition is so cute! LOL

Sponsored