Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teflonchest

craft show report 11-07 to Thanksgiving

teflonchest
15 years ago

The declining gas prices allowed us to drive a little further for some of our winter fairs.

Just checking in and saying we're gonna be at the Green Living Expo in Ventura, CA to show off our green-friendly wares.

We used Fairsandfestivals.net members calendar to plan our schedule this year and it's been great. 2009 should be even better.

Let's hear your plans for the holiday stretch run.

Comments (6)

• grandma_bonnie
    15 years ago

Wahhhhh... I'll be a show in Santa Maria today!!! Good luck to you in youe show!!! Keeping on topic, My Freiday Farmer's Market was typical with $65 in sales. Hey, it pays for the gas for today and got an order for two more grocery cart covers for next week - yes, I got a deposit. This is the first of the actual Christmas shows. It's at a high end senior citizen home - I'm bringing lots of oldies Christmas CDs - I'm talking Rat Pack and Bing and Franky baby along with Elvis... I'll report tomorrow. Good luck to ya, sweetie and we want reports!!!

• creepfan
    15 years ago

Was set up at Del Tech, its the local community college. It's a 2 days show, last night and today. Yesterday was really slow, only sold $30. But today was great. It was raining cats and dogs all day, so I guess that gave everyone a reason to go out, since they couldn't do yard work. We ended up selling $150, got 2 great leads for a show for us to do in Dec, and we were able to brainstorm a few ideas we've been kickin around. All in all it was a great show and I'm home, exhausted and sore, but happy! Hope everyone's shows this weekend are excellent!

• mariend
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for the site. Really helps find stuff in our area. We have alot of craft shows now, even with the snow. I sent the web site to my SIL in Ca, who said there is nothing in her area.

• williamsburgjane
    15 years ago

Did my first craft show of the season today. It was at a local Retirement community. Did pretty good, lots better than last year at the same place!

• sjarz
    15 years ago

Went to probably the one and only craft show for me this year as there are not many around where I live. Biggest one is $90 for a spot with vendors crammed in like sardines so it all looks like one big blur...I don't do that one.
    Further North in British Columbia where I used to live there were quite a lot of craft shows and I always went to a number of them through the year and did well, could usually count on $200-$300 per show which certainly made it worthwhile to leave the house...
    Here it really blows - a few small ones at schools and churches that run for 3 or 4 hours.
    I went to one such show yesterday. Cost was $15 for the spot, very reasonable. Quite a few vendors, about half and half homemade and stuff like Discovery Toys, Avon and Epicure, which I always find weird.
    Anyway, made a whopping $11.50 for the day, sold 1 $10 dollar item and 2 75cent items...LOL. No point in being upset about it, I don't need the money I just do it cause I like to make things. Pretty darn pathetic though and I won't go back. Probably about 50 people through the craft show in 5 hours made for a rather long day...
    Bought 6 knitted dishcloths at $1 each which is a great deal for those. Also bought 2 fitted sheets for my bed that have a waterproof liner sewn onto them for $40. Might seem expensive, but since I had my Ostomy a year ago I have occasional night time dryness issues, and $40 for sheets is a lot cheaper than a new bed every few months...lol.
    So all in all the day cost me money. But life's like that sometimes...
    Suzan J

• grandma_bonnie
    15 years ago

Good going, kiddos! I am relaxing today with sales yesterday over $500. ...again the potato bags...

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia