Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neck tie flowers

Posted by posieh (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 20:33

Has anyone seen the rosette pins made from a man's necktie?
A friend of mine makes them but lives 100 miles away and doesn't have a pattern as someone showed her how. I can't figure it out by looking at one. Does anyone have a pattern?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neck tie flowers

I'm glad you asked about this - I had to google it to see what one looked like . I found a site that has a bunch of necktie crafts & instructions....... Maybe it has the rosette pattern . Uh-Oh .... I feel a new project coming on :)

o

Get yourself a bunch of ties, and start with the ones that you like the least!
Heat up your glue gun.

I fold the skinny part of the tie in half, glue it, then start twisting and winding it around it's self, glueing every quarter turn.

I've seen the others that are more loose, and hope to try those sometimes- mine are tight, and low.

When you get twards the end, keep checking and see when the fat end of the tie will look the best, underneath, to be a 'leaf'- again, glue it down.

Voila!

at least, it took me about 12 ties to feel like I had the 'feel' to it...

Here is a link that might be useful: Etsy flowers

o

Might be a stupid question but what would you do with these tie flowers???

o

NO question is stupid here!

Hair bows, pins, necklaces, to embellish a purse or bag or notebook, dog toy, christmas ornament, bow for a present, anyone else?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here