Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

for snowman lovers

oddie
17 years ago

Hubby cut him out of wood for me hes made on the idea of the gingerbread man candle, I poured wax on a cookie sheet and molded the candle, has a dollor store tealight inside the kind that has a battery, candle is scented with gingerbread

Thanks for looking

oddie

Comments (14)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

He is adorable Oddie. Love your creativity, and your projects always turn out looking so professional. The pictures you show us look great too--how do you get that "snow" effect in front of the pic? Very nice work. Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Luvstocraft thank you! I have a photo program I love playing around with, can do so many cool things to a photo with them

thanks
    oddie

• gw:craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

You sure are great at this stuff Oddie. That is really pretty and yes, the photo program makes your creations looks so lovely.

Sal

• minnie_tx
    17 years ago

He is so cute and don't you love those battery tea lites?
    What is the nose made out of?

• iowagirl2006
    17 years ago

You are very talented - and so is your DH! He is just adorable - and your candle is awesome!

I also have noticed how nice your photo's are. What program do you use? I use Digital Image Suite from Microsoft.

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you sal and minnie for your nice comments, the nose is cut from thin cardboard, I used orange elmers 3D poster paints. yes I do love those tea lights, do you know if they last very long?
    thanks for looking
    oddie

• Cheri_C
    17 years ago

Wow Oddie, Another great project!!! You do such amazing work and your awesome with your photo program!!! Keep them coming.
    Cheri

• liza1210
    17 years ago

He is adorable and you and hubby are talented.

• evelyn_craftdiva
    17 years ago

I love your snowman!! As usual you did a great job.

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone, I will pass the compliments on to hubby, I have to brag on him as he can do just about everything, wouldnt trade him for anyone. I have several photo programs photo explosion,photoshop elements 2 and a trial version of picture it that I love, seldom use photoshop as its just to much for me. I use the printshop alot and have greeting card programs also.
    thanks agine
    oddie

• bestalikat
    17 years ago

Oddie,

You asked how long the $ store tealights last. I haven't used them, but when I was a PartyLite rep, our tealights lasted 2-3 hours of continuous burning.

HTH,

Allison

• deeaday
    17 years ago

from another snowman lover..thanks for sharing..you are very talented. A very nice job...such a cute snowman !
    D.

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Don't know how I missed this before, but wow he's cute. Very nice job to you and DH. You make a great team. ~Anj

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you, glad you liked him! hubby and I do work good together! I just tell him what I want and he figures out how to cut it out!
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

Sponsored