Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ribbon Poinsettias-These Are Beautiful

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 23, 08 at 19:30

A very inexpensive way to make a beautiful package tie on or little girls hair bow, or a corsage for Mom :D This is from Wrights Ribbon, the link with directions is on my blog. I wired this one, and glued the beads on...the glue is still wet.lol.. The photo really doesn't do it justice, it's much prettier in person!
Kudzu
Ribbon Poinsettia

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ribbon Poinsettias-These Are Beautiful

Wow! That is gorgeous. I will have to check out your blog (I think it will be third time today) and see if I can figure out how to make them. Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful ideas and talent...Micki

o

Oh kudzu how beautiful...

o

Stunning!! Really beautiful! I'll have to copy instructions! i started an Internet book for all the great stuff I find on line. Do you ever sleep?? You do a craft or 2 a day!! You are amazing!! Jan

o

That is beautiful. I'm off to see your blog. - Gail

o

It is beautiful. Your so talented and thanks for sharing.

o

Thanks Ya'll! I'm hoping to try this with narrower ribbon, and I'll post it!

o

OMG! just beautiful! I give money alot at christmas for the older ones and this would be beautiful on a card or envelope! since I dont spend time on a gift I like to try and decorate the package special somehow.
TFS all you do!
oddie

o

Did you do it like the instructions or did you add your own touch. The design looks different then the instructions. Tell me what you did different....PLEASE.....

o

Ya'll are so sweet! Leveta, I used a wide wire edged ribbon, like the $1 spools at the dollar stores, you need 3 yards. Instead of thread I used a thin floral wire just the way you'd use a needle. Also, I didn't add the bead in between each fold of ribbon. Instead I twisted the wire really tight, and then glued my gold beads in the center. Then you can wire the poinsettia on, or cut the wire shorter and tape it. You can fluff it up as much as you want, pinch the tips of each petal, that makes it really look like a flower.
I just noticed the original instructions called it a snowflake :D Oops....I see a poinsettia!
Kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here