Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creepfan

Anyone Doing Shows This Weekend?

creepfan
15 years ago

not this weekend for me, the School Boutique was enough for me! LOL

So, lets hear it, where ya going, what show ya doin?

I hope you all exceed your expectations of sales and make lots and lots of money! LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments (13)

• grandma_bonnie
    15 years ago

I have one tomorrow. I did have the regular farmer's market yesterday and will do it at the park again this afternoon. $140 yesterday - potato bags and the snowmen popcorn bags were sold - we're right across the street from an always full inn - lots of tourists...

• creepfan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ok, what's a snowmen popcorn bag? Great location for you to set up. Hope you make lots and lots!!!!!!!

• christopherh
    15 years ago

My wife is doing a Country Folk Art show in Troy, New York this weekend. I'm home making more product. If you're interested in what Country Folk Art shows are like you can go to the website below. They're a nationwide promoter and do shows from New Jersey to California.

Here is a link that might be useful: Country Folk Art Shows

• creepfan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

wow, Christopherh, that's a serious show! Good luck to her and to you getting more product made. Let us know how she does, ok?

• grandma_bonnie
    15 years ago

That IS serious... I'll post a pic of the popcorn snowmen in the gallery. Sales were S--L-O-O-W today - they weren't into shopping for Christmas - too warm - in the mid 80s...

• christopherh
    15 years ago

"...too warm - in the mid 80s..."

It never went above 15 yesterday here in VT. I woke up to SIX degrees this morning.
    As of yesterday, Diane had made almost $4500.00 in sales. She has today to go and we do another show the same size next weekend. That's why I'm home making product.
    Please don't misunderstand, I'm not bragging about the sales. As professional exhibitors this is what we do for a living, so those sales are our sole income. That's why we do over 40 shows per year. Some shows I'll make under $200 and others we'll make over $6,000. But it averages out to a middle class income, just like a "real" job. And that's exactly what it is. A "real" job.

• christopherh
    15 years ago

As a follow up, the show we're doing Thanksgiving weekend is with a promoter called Castleberry Fairs. If you're interested to see what New England shows look like, you can go to the link below and click the "photos" tab.

Here is a link that might be useful: Castleberry Fairs Shows

• creepfan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, wow, wow!! That's awesome! Congrats to you both. Now the next question I have for you is what do you make?

• grandma_bonnie
    15 years ago

I never take it as bragging - it is encouraging to those who are just starting out and are afraid the economy is so bad they aren't buying. If you have a product to sell, if you work at it ( talking to the customers when needed and answering questions when necessary and have a smile on your face...) you will have good sales... I enjoy and appreciate your entries to these threads. I want to be you when I grow up! ;*)

• christopherh
    15 years ago

What do we make? House numbers. I use ceramic tiles and fire numbers on them. I also fire designs on tiles so the customer can have their number and a decorative tile in front of the number. I make the frames from wood and paint them with house paint. The tiles slide in a slotted rail so the customer walks away with a custom house number in less than a minute. My frames are horizontal with scroll work on top or vertical in a birdhouse design. We have sold over 40,000 pieces in ten years.

• creepfan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That's awesome! Such a simple product, but what a great idea. I bet they are beautiful! I think the custom feature is what sells it. The customer doesn't have to order it then make arrangements to pick up the order a week later, etc. That's great. Good for you, and it's not bragging at all. Didn't take it that way, but you got to figure too.. the only person who is gonna toot your horn is you! So toot away!

• grandma_bonnie
    15 years ago

Just got back from the show today - 23 vendors - town of 2300. Small are - only a 5' table and the shelving unit to hold the potato bags... Only got ot take the bags, popcorn snowmen and the weiner washers - made $462 today - added to my other sales this week-end for a grand total of $942 which includes 20 bags ordered by one gal... Go figure - only two next week-end and no rain for Sunday - big street faire in Morrow Bay CA.

• creepfan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

not a bad haul there, Grandma Bonnie! Congrats!! I've got my last and final show on Sunday. It is our local firehall. Usually about 75 crafters and is well attended. I'll be glad when the show is over and all this stuff can go on Etsy. I need the break! :)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner