Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mailynn_gw

Abyone make one of those 60 inch. round tablecloths?+++

mailynn
13 years ago

Hi

I can't seem to find fabric wide enough in the color I want. I found 2 drapery panels which are a perfect color but not sure how to join them to make a circular cloth without having the seam obviously visible.

Thanks

Linda

Comments (4)

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Might see if you can find a solid color sheet, that's about only thing wide enough as i don't think there is much out there in 60 or 72 in wide fabric. Jan

• patsyann
    13 years ago

If your really keen on using the drapery panels, cut them into 4 strips and sew together with contrasting strips of wide braiding, heavy ribbon etc. which picks up some of the colors of the panels. This gets away from the 1 seam down the middle and looks much more pleasing. After sewing the tablecloth, you may wish to use the same braiding around the outside edge of the tablecloth. You might also consider making placemats of the same material.

• garnetnm
    13 years ago

If you are considering sheets for your table cloth, take a look here. I had been considering ordering queen sheet sets and just now looked at the full to consider for tablecloths. There are customer reviews of the product.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Sheet-Set-Blue-Eyes/13341756

Can you get by with 54"?. Joann and Hancock have a line of flat-fold home dec fabric that is 54". Sometimes I've found cotton or a blend that is suitable for table cloth or placemat. Of course, I prewash, and cotton will usually shrink. So you have to take that into consideration. BTW, look for the red tag, and sometimes this line is on sale for 50%.

In my naive youth furnishing my first home, I chose a beautiful walnut 44" round table that has two 22" leaves, extending it to 88". What a headache it has been. I love to use pretty and a variety of table cloths, and that table needs 54 to 60 wide fabric. Also, you lose the corners with a round table, making it less functional IMO. I will probably get a piece of plywood or something 44x72 to put on top to be able to seat 2 at each end (total of 8 with a single leaf.)

So I am always looking at the home dec fabric. A lot of it has olefin fiber, which will not take heat. I made some plaid upholstery placemats, serged, turned under, and topstitched opposite edges and fringed the other edges. They have to be flat dried and not used under really hot plates. But I like the way they look on a table cloth.

Also, I have found denim 60" wide that has made a good table cloth. I have a variety of placemats that look nice and give different looks with the denim. There are various qualities of denim, so you have to look for a good one.

• garnetnm
    13 years ago

I ordered a full sheet set in turquiose cove and roasted habanero, taking advantage of the rollback price. I will make a round and oval out of each set - and have extra pillow cases for free. I used free site to store shipping. I put one set through the wash. It will need a little touch up pressing.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022