Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
snowman noddler

Posted by oddie (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 10, 06 at 18:20

Heres a photo of a couple of my snowman noddler made from old bed springs, not my idea I saw them on another forum and did my own thing, its nice hearing all your comments, you never know if family is just being nice

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: snowman noddler

Well I'm going to be honest and tell you the truth Oddie - those bedspring snowmen are just darling as ever. How wonderful, they are sooooo cute, I love 'em. Send me a couple! Now I must ask, what did you make the heads out of, styrofoam and what....? How much do you think you would charge for these - $8.00 or more? I picked up some old bedsprings myself and was looking for ideas, hope you don't mind if I also use this one. You did an excellent job, pat yourself on the back - HONESTLY!!!

Sal

o

Thank you craftlady, the heads are old glass bulbs I found at the fleamarket, just turned them upside down and covered the hook part under the scraf, the nose I use small tops from glue bottles and some paints come with these tops also,
some I make useing saltdough, I use dimenisonal paint like snow to cover holes in the top of the nose, please feel free to use anything I might post as I said these are not my ideas ,just my crafting , I think $8.00 would be a fair price, probley wouldnt get that much in my area, I cant remenber where I saw it but I saw one made up with a flower on top maybe silk,the spring was painted silver and had a string of beads going around the coils, another had a wooden star on top , if I come up with any other ideas I will let you know oddie

o

Oddie, I agree with Craftylady--they are adorable. What a clever idea. I had to go back and look again when you said they were bulbs! Love the buttons down the front on the one--very cute. Are the eyes little black beads? And that little blue hat--so cute. Wish I had some springs to decorate like that. Will have to keep my eyes open and watch for some. Thanks for sharing. Luvs

o

Those are really cute! I love the buttons also.

o

What a clever creative use for old bed springs! I really like them.

Allison

o
Website?

Oddie, do you have a website with your other creations?

Allison

(P.S. Sure wish we could edit our previous posts instead of having to post successively. *sigh*)

o

Thanks all for your nice comments, no I do not have a website, luvtocraft told me how to post more then one photo at a time so the next set of photo will be all that I have photos of right now, have a few other crafts I finished and need to take photos of, please remenber the nooders are not my idea and wouldnt think of trying to pass it off as mine I just did the crafting
oddie

o

OMG, oddie. I just love them!!! I've been looking for some ideas for my bed springs. Great job!!!

o

These are so dear! I think they would sell like crazy! Thanks for sharing them with us!

o

Oddie,

Another post from me. You said you saw the idea on another forum, would you mind telling me what forum that was. If it was a whole different site than Garden Web, would you mind letting me know that also. Thanks,

Sal

o

the cutest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Those are adorable, and I have to say, the best I've seen out of all. I keep saying I'm going to do some of those, but just added to my list of the thousands I have to do.

o

oddie - the spring people are very cute - I did these in a more "country" snowmenby gathering soft & natural into a ball for their heads - making a black hat for the head and leaving the spring natural & rusty, Laso made Xmas trees from a green chenille quilt I had stuck it on top add rusty bells sold like crazy. i saw the snowmen in country sampler last year and just went by the picture.
Any other snowmen ides to pass along to a fellow crafter in IL
tammy_crafter

o

craftlady try this link

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1004031632/m/6541021982?r=3041082982#3041082982
there is a lady with user name eileen who makes these does real nice work I make some of her bottle cap pins also will post pictures of them soon

oddie

o

Tammy, We need to see pics of yours too!!! They sound really neat.
Cheri

o

If I can figure out how to do it I'll send pics of all my swmo poeple I make. Have 3 weeks til my "big" show - have no spring people done - sold all last year. I do have ?'s for anybody who can help me - looking for garland, wreaths, etc that has a consistency of fun foam leaves - WHAT IS IT CALLED - WHERE CAN I FIND IT! michaels, hobby lobby and trees n trends do not have em.
tammy

o

Tammy - type "fun foam leaves" in your web browser line at the top of this screen (the long white box) and then hit the GO button - several sites on the leaves come up.

Sal

P.S. I see you just joined the site on 11-8-06 - Welcome, so glad you joined us. This is great isn't it.

o

There's a step-by-step guide to making these that used to be on the HGTV site. It's now been captured in the "Step by Step" crafting site here: Directions for Nodders

Allison

Here is a link that might be useful: Snowman Nodders

o

Bestalikat - the site opens up but I can't get to the snowman, the page has the words on it but no pics or instructions - am I doing something wrong?

Sal

o
Site troubles

Sal,

I'm not sure what to tell you. It works for me. I'm using Firefox.

There are lots of crafts on that page; the nodders is the third project down. There are TONS of pics, so maybe you just have to wait for them all to load?

Sorry I don't have any better solutions. Maybe try a different browser.

Allison

o

Wow bestalikat , that is a fun site to browse all those crafts. I saw screen painting,pavers, loved the spoon snowmen, the noodlers, and those cinnamon rolls. Is there also a place with written instructions, or you just have to go by the pictures and what few instructions are posted with them? Thanks for sharing this. By the way, Oddie, I think your noddlers are even more cute than the ones on the site! Luvs

o

Ohh my these are awesome!!

o

I have some nodders on my website, but they are not
fancy and I did not make the heads. They are just ornaments that I bought
and glued to the bedsprings. I did these about 4 years ago.

Http://members.cox.net/nonacook

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here