Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

Newspaper Papier Mache Craft

kudzukween
15 years ago

make this partridge in a pear tree! Directions and photos here..easy, and kid friendly!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Comments (4)

• huggybear_2008
    15 years ago

Kuduk, My grandson and I just made a paper mache watermelon for his art class, I wish I would have taken a photo of it .. we did pretty good. he had to make it a mask kind of thing and so we used a balloon and made the watermelon and then we painted it.. and cut out a slice of watermelon and made that out of styro and painted so it looked like a slice of melon and it turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.. we had fun doing it and you know , more families should do things like this together. grandson and I chatted as we worked and it was good..
    Huggy

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

I used to dream of how to make things...or how to fix things...I'd get up and write it down so I wouldn't forget the dream.

I haven't done that in a long time...probably because I don't do crafts 18 hours a day anymore...

patti

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks ya'll:D I can never remember to write down these, and I have a journal by my night stand. I've only written on the first page..."This will be a journal of my dreams"......LOL It's very hard to remember ANYTHING these days :D
    On our walk my grandson did find a small pine cone that fell from a short leaf pine, and he said "MeMe, I can make something out of this!" He carried a small bag and picked up branches and lichen and interesting leaves. He likes to spot the animal tracks, and we found some huge deer tracks and some raccoon tracks. I don't like to take him so far that he realizes there's a river back there,in case he takes off on his own.
    It is important to give them one-on-one time like this. They don't even realize they're "learning" when they're having fun.
    Patti....you still make great art and have awesome ideas!

• huggybear_2008
    15 years ago

Kuz and Pattie, I love doing things with my grandson and I know whatcha mean about your dreams.. I wake up and say to myself, oh hurry and write that down.. but than I lay my head back down for a second and puff it is gone.. LOL Kuz, we also live near a river and I have always taught my grandson to always respect the River.. He is very good about it.. My son and Grandson go to the river and fish and they just throw the fish back in.. the fun is catching them.. Cody usually catches the 1st one and the biggest.. LOL Well back to work.. have a great day you guys..

Sponsored