Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Help !

Posted by posie (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 07 at 18:02

I have alot of Mardi Gras beads and some are quite nice even through they are plastic. I wanted to use some for Christmas decorations but they are (glued?) to the string. I can't seem to get them off and if I do cut them off I can't restring them as the hole in the bead is still filled with string. I tried a hot darning needle to poke a hole into them, but that didn't work. Any ideas, ???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help !

Use the hot glue gun to glue them to ornaments or boxes good idea to use them

o

My daughter has a mardi gras tree - she used the small necklaces and placed them inside the clear glass ornaments. They looked really nice.

o

Great ideas there Minnie and Paintingfool, I'll have to remember that in the future.

Sal

o

I dont think you can remove the string from the beads, I beleive they are glued when made, I have tried with other cheap beads to remove the string with no luck, you could melt the beads and make ornaments, but be careful as melting plastic is toxic! and does give off toxic gas that you do not want to breath, I have a small toster oven I take out side and use, I make key chains and have made a neckless useing bottle caps for the base, and cheap plastice beads, I will post a photo so you can see more of what I am talking about.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here