Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of glue

Posted by adichristi (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 18, 08 at 18:02

DD is making a nature frame for her BF and she wants to glue real leafs to the frame that she collected from their nature trail. What kind should she be using? Thanks...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of glue

I am not sure real leaves will stick and last. You might have to spray with clear varnish, etc first. I think as the leaves dry, they will crumble. I the fit inside the frame, she might try a spray on glue, making sure the entire back is covered, but again, once they dry, they will crumble.
There is a flower preservtive and sold by craft shows, but even then they don't last very long. I would suggest the plastic ones from Walmart, craft stores etc.

o

Try putting the real leaves under the glass,maybe decoupage a photo of the two of them together, with leaves and beads or small things from the nature walk.

o

I've boughten preserved leaves in the past, they used glycerin, it works well on ferns & I think maple leaves . They are pliable & keep for several yrs. I would go with pods, nuts or acorns twigs tiny pinecones or cut larger ones in to flat rosettes. These can be glued to wood or plastic frame with regular Elmer's glue or with hot glue gun. That would last long time. Leaves will get dusty & break, could get some good looking ones in silk, wouldn't need but 1 stem of them to use & place these leaves on frame & finish with the other items. Some silk stems of leaves are very real looking! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here