Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gag gifts ... what a hoot !!! Got any to share?

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 4, 06 at 17:47

Doesn't someone here make gag gifts to sell ? There was a booth at the craft show today that just sold stuff like that. I couldn't get close enough to see much because everyone was reading things and laughing . I saw 2 that I died laughing at ... "Natural Bubble bath" - a bag of dried navy beans . Instructions - soak beans ,cook and eat.
When you get in the tub you'll see lots of natural bubbles. ( LOL ) The other one I saw was a cookie cutter in a bag - label says "Make your own Damn cookies" ... I wish I could have seen more. Do you have any clever ones that you've seen ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gag gifts ... what a hoot !!! Got any to share?

I haven't made any personally, but I do know a site or two.

Here's one: Granny's Gag Gifts.

I'll have to dig through my bookmarks to see if I can find more. I have a web save of a similar post here in 2000, but I think the original is long gone.

Have fun!

Allison

o

I sell some gag gifts all year round at a place here in Canada
called the General Store. I have some on my website.
http://www.angelfire.com/mac/crafts
There is still a recap of the big list on the holiday forum
which I think is the one that Allison mentioned.

Here is a link that might be useful: Holiday Forum Post

o

Thanks for the link to the old gag gifts in the holiday forum - brings back memories... Lets see... I still make the Tampon Angels, the Exotic rubber plants, MP Slippers and I've added, Weiner Washers (just had to make 20 more last night) Willy Warmers, Just Blow Whistle (a senior citizen alarm), PPTPs, Redneck Palm Pilot, Redneck Earrings... I'll post these on my webshots account (grandmabonnie55) later today - I have a Sunday Farmer's Market this afternoon.

o

I saw a really cute gag type gift last year. It said it was for the woman who had everything. It was a faux fur apron for cooking. It had a fancy rhinestone pin up at the top for decoration.

o

toomuchglass I have a really cute one, I need to find the can so I can scan it for you, it is a bad gag gift, When we had a cyber sister's meeting only 2 of us got them. I thought it was so cute. I will look for it tonight or monday and I will post it on my new site, I will make a gag gift forum for it, You will crack up it's really funny. I can tell you , you will need a skaol can. that's all I will tell you....

o

I did the batteries in a bag and then put Gift Not Included on the top.

o
RE: Gag gifts for Granny

Check out 'cangaggifts.com'
Tin cans with funny labels on them!
Look for 'Granny's Hugs and Kisses'

Here is a link that might be useful: Give Someone a Laugh, Today!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here