Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making Faux Rusty Tin

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 24, 08 at 17:38

I posted this on Trash to Treasure,too...
Make some rusty tin and recycle cardboard at the same time :D It also smells nice! I used cookie cutters in a star shape and a gingerbread man shape to trace onto a Capri Sun cardboard box. Cut with scissors, spray with red oxide primer, spinkle with cinnamon. Apply a second time if you wish ( I used 2 coats) I free-handed a crow shape, then thought it needed a wing, and added one. A whole clove for it's eye. Then I sat it on a rusty bed spring. Check out photos on my blog.
Kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making Faux Rusty Tin

Kudzu how did you learn so much to be so young...

o

:D*smile* I've been a compulsive crafter since I was a little girl,I'm not original, but I can copy like a fiend, I don't sleep much, and I spend a lot of time on the internet! LOL
I'll be 50 in January.
Kudzu

o

Hey kedzu, thanks for shareing! these are real cute, love the crow! looks perfect on the bed spring.
I do the same rusty tin but I use flat black spray paint frist, gives a little different look.
dont know how you have time to sleep LOL!
since you have been cutting things from cardboard have you made the dove, real pretty painted white with diamond dust on bouth sides, a pretty bow or just something simple looks nice to hang them or can be put on a package, just something more to keep you from sleeping.
TFS all you do!
Happy Crafting
oddie

o

Kuduz i'll tell ya. Your sure don't look almost 50. I figures early 40's...Boy i sure wished you lived near. I sure could learn alot from you hands on....I'm not much of a read it learner....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here