Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recycle A Necktie-Sweet Angel

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 22, 08 at 17:13

I posted this on Trash to Treasure,too!
Here is something that was posted about a year ago, and I searched for it but couldn't find the post. Let me know who posted it :D I finally got around to making some. I tried the wide end and the narrow end of the tie. Both are cute! I made them with what I had on hand, I think ya'll can do better with the wooden head! LOL
Photos and link on my blog!
Cherry/Kudzu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recycle A Necktie-Sweet Angel

thanks...

o

Darn!!......I've got to get used to having a blog, and adding the link *blush* So sorry about that, ya'll!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o

Beautiful! cant seem to find any used neck ties around me to steal, have to check out the TS stores, to cold for yard sales now.
TFS all you do!
oddie

o

Thanks Oddie :D I remember when the thrift stores would GIVE you the ties for free! But these days everyone is so crafty and really, not many people wear ties anymore. I see some every now and then on ShopGoodwill.com, but kinda expensive if you ask me. I may have to just break down and spend the money for some. I found a site the other day that mentioned a blog that is all about recycling ties.....just ties! Wow, I saw some things I wanna make. A really cool lampshade, wallets, business card holders,purses,skirts,dresses.........

o

gosh who new there was so many ideas for ties, and why us crafters dont throw anything out! my dmil doesnt even give me a strange look anymore when I ask for something she would throw out, she just says yes you can have it.
TFS all you do, you sure keep this fourm rocking!
happy crafting
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here