Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm going to a big craft fair tomorrow

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 07 at 16:51

150 booths ........ I'll give my report this weekend !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm going to a big craft fair tomorrow

Have fun!!! Wish you good luck!

o

Here's wishing you great sales! Will be watching for your report--hope you see some new and interesting things. Luvs

o

I wanna go with you Kathy, come pick me up!

Sal

o

So how was it?? Enquiring mind wants to know.

o

Oh - I Wasn't selling ( but now that I've seen it - I wish I was ! ) I would have made a killing . There was nothing there like I make. Anyway - here the report ......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- Of 121 booths , 39 of them were beaded jewelry It got to the point I just walked right by them without even looking. There was alot of things made with fleece - those things with the knotted edges. Alot of quilted table runners and doilies. Not alot of floral - surprisingly. Remember those gel candles ? One lady made them and put figurines in them ( birds,dogs etc...) It looks bizarre -- gel candles have little bubbles in them and it lookes like the things were drowning inside. eeewwww.... One guy sold home made dog cookies and treats - his booth was crowded. One lady had bottles with fabric covering the whole thing and decoupaged on. Then she had lights in the bottles . Not bad. There was alot of handmade greeting cards & ornamnets that could be personalized. One booth caught my eye - she had painted Gourds with holes cut into them and made into lights.
SHe had them decorated with beads and wires and it actually looked pretty . Speaking of lights - one booth had table lamps all made with baskets for the base. I liked them ! Well - that's about it ... nothing new - but it was a nice show. I only saw one import ... I know because I used to buy wholesale from this company. I'd say most everything there was handmade. I might have to enter this show next year ... !! LOL

o

Thanks for the report... I am the one picked by my group to go to Santa maria next week. Hope I'm not sorry, but I haven't shown my things in that area so I may do OK ....had a great farmer's market yesterday so I hope it works out. Reasonable price for spot in Santa Maria so I am giving it a try... Oh darn, I may have to stop at a couple of places on my way back to buy fabric I still need to have enough to sell until the middle of December...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here