Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

I'm going to a big craft fair tomorrow

toomuchglass
16 years ago

150 booths ........ I'll give my report this weekend !

Comments (6)

• grandma_bonnie
    16 years ago

Have fun!!! Wish you good luck!

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Here's wishing you great sales! Will be watching for your report--hope you see some new and interesting things. Luvs

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

I wanna go with you Kathy, come pick me up!

Sal

• evelyn_craftdiva
    16 years ago

So how was it?? Enquiring mind wants to know.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh - I Wasn't selling ( but now that I've seen it - I wish I was ! ) I would have made a killing . There was nothing there like I make. Anyway - here the report ......

\-\-\- Of 121 booths , 39 of them were beaded jewelry It got to the point I just walked right by them without even looking. There was alot of things made with fleece \- those things with the knotted edges. Alot of quilted table runners and doilies. Not alot of floral \- surprisingly. Remember those gel candles ? One lady made them and put figurines in them ( birds,dogs etc...) It looks bizarre \-\- gel candles have little bubbles in them and it lookes like the things were drowning inside. eeewwww.... One guy sold home made dog cookies and treats \- his booth was crowded. One lady had bottles with fabric covering the whole thing and decoupaged on. Then she had lights in the bottles . Not bad. There was alot of handmade greeting cards & ornamnets that could be personalized. One booth caught my eye \- she had painted Gourds with holes cut into them and made into lights. SHe had them decorated with beads and wires and it actually looked pretty . Speaking of lights \- one booth had table lamps all made with baskets for the base. I liked them ! Well \- that's about it ... nothing new \- but it was a nice show. I only saw one import ... I know because I used to buy wholesale from this company. I'd say most everything there was handmade. I might have to enter this show next year ... !! LOL
  • grandma_bonnie
    16 years ago

Thanks for the report... I am the one picked by my group to go to Santa maria next week. Hope I'm not sorry, but I haven't shown my things in that area so I may do OK ....had a great farmer's market yesterday so I hope it works out. Reasonable price for spot in Santa Maria so I am giving it a try... Oh darn, I may have to stop at a couple of places on my way back to buy fabric I still need to have enough to sell until the middle of December...