Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (35)

• Cheri_C
    17 years ago

Oh oddie, OMG, These are AWESOME!!! You do such wonderful work. And great job on your professional looking photos. I've got tons of bed springs and was needing an idea. Oh, thank you so much for posting these pics!!!
    Cheri

• Cheri_C
    17 years ago

oddie, I just read your member's page and I see your from Ohio too!!! Do you do any craft shows??? I just love your work!!!
    Cheri

• tammy_crafter
    17 years ago

oddie - is the basket a picnic basket? I like it!!
    tammy

• Terri_PacNW
    17 years ago

Gorgeous crafty stuff.. I was gonna ask about those springs. If they were recycled or hand made...Those little springie fellas are adorable!

• gw:craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Beautiful Oddie, simply beautiful. You certainly have the talent!! P.S. Thanks for posting the other forum site.

Sal

• ruthinont
    17 years ago

Love your snowmen and your basket with the gingermen.How did you make your cinnimonbuns look so real?

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Oddie, your work is beautiful, and very creative. Tell me about the little snowman with the lights inside, he looks so cute. Love your baskets too. Thanks for sharing. Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gosh! never thought I would get such comments, I love to make something from nothing, and the cheaper the better, I will try and answer everyone if I miss you its because Iam not use to such praise and my head is spinding. cheri I live in a small town named portsmouth, where are you from in oh? I tried doing a craft show years ago, didnt do well so never tried agine, tammy no the basket is something I found at the flemarket, its tall with a wooden lid that has a leather handle that can be hung up. terri the springs are recycled and I have the cuts to prove it, what a job it is takeing them apart, ruthinont the cinnamonbuns are saltdough, rolled out sprinkle with cinnamon rolled up and sliced and baked, I use dimenional paint like iceing , makes them look real. luvtocraft the snowman is a clear jug spray painted white, then I spounge white paint over, the eyes are buttons cant remenber what the nose is,theres a hole drilled in the back for the light cord, hubby does the drilling. sal thanks for your comments and thanks to all who has posted you guys sure have given me a big head

thanks oddie

• Cheri_C
    17 years ago

All oddie, You deserve it!!! You do such great work!!!
    I'm in central Ohio, little town named Raymond.
    Can't wait to see more of your creations. Keep them coming!!!
    Cheri

• sladybug2
    17 years ago

Beautiful. I think you shouldn't give up on shows- maybe the one you did was just not a good one!! Are your gingerbread men also saltdough,or muslin and could you please share your saltdough recipe. Thanks!! S,

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sladybug2
    hi and thank you for comments,the gingerbread man in this post is wood, hubby made for me, the one in my other post that shows a christmas basket is made of saltdough hes kinda small and hard to see in the photo. I use 1c of salt.1c flour and 1/2 c water, after mixing I put dough in a ziplock bag and let it set out for a couple of days seems to roll out better after setting, I am sure theres a reason why but dont know. you guys have given me the confidence to want to try a craftshow maybe next year!
    Thanks oddie

• Cheri_C
    17 years ago

Oh yes oddie, You need to try another craft show. And let me know where it's going to be, maybe I could come!!! Keep those pics coming!!!
    Cheri

• soso
    17 years ago

Oddie,
    your work is beautiful
    I agree, you should find a good show .
    I do lots of Christmas shows and from
    what I have seen , your crafts are
    outstanding, you should sell out if
    your prices are competitive.

• Jacquelyn
    17 years ago

Ohh my goodness just how cute are all these!! Wonderful work!!
    {{gwi:1481739}}

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Oddie, these ladies are right--your crafts should sell like hotcakes! So very cute and all the details you've added just make them look so special and "Professional".

Are your stacking snowmen paper mache boxes or are they cans? I couldn't quite tell which they were. What a cute idea.

I can tell you enjoy creating things. I've really enjoyed seeing your projects. Feel like I've been to a little craft show--and you know how we all love that feeling! LOL

Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks agine for your comments you guys sure dish out the praises, the stacked snowman are wood, my hubby was playing with a log one day and cut each layer you see out of the log each getting smaller, he showed it to me and right away I saw a snowman, Jackie I have wanted to post and tell you I think your work is beauiful! I have alot of other ideas we can all chat about as soon as my head goes back to normal.

thanks agine oddie

• evelyn_craftdiva
    17 years ago

I love your work!! All your snowmen are sooooooooooooooooooo adorable.

• minnie_tx
    17 years ago

What fun!!!!!!!

• donnawv
    17 years ago

I just had to log in and say what beautiful things you have made. If I may ask, what is the head of the snowman on the springs made of? Do you sell any of your things?
    Please post more of your crafts, I would love to see them.
    You should do a show,whit what you make, as someone else said I would think they would sell like hotcakes.

• anjabee
    17 years ago

I had to get in here real quick and add my praise. I love everything. Please keep posting!! ~Anj

• honeysuckleridge
    17 years ago

Fabulous work!! I love those snowmen!!! Fantastic!!!

ginger

• Deb_from_Pa
    16 years ago

OH HOW AWESOME! Covrette just sent me this link...great job oddie!

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you and thanks to covrett for finding the post, wasnt to prould of the gingerbread people, there color wasnt the right shade of brown, funny how we can look back on photos and see all the mistakes!
    would love to see what your group of crafts can do with these, please share photos when done.
    oddie

• janied
    16 years ago

Oddie, Your crafts are just wondarful! I especially like the bedspring snowmen. I just recently found some bedsprings and was wondaring if you would do a tute on how to make your snowmen?? tfs, Janie

• qtiemom
    16 years ago

OMG they are gorgeous!!!!!!!

You really need to find shows in your area! You would sell out!
    Dont give up your work is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!

• SunflowerMom
    16 years ago

Oddie, Adorable Snowmen! You are indeed very talented. If you would have time to send me an email (SunflowerMom54944@yahoo.com), I have a question for you. Thank you,
    SunflowerMom
    LuAnn

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

Still gorgeous!! you are one very very talented lady!!

ginger

• janied
    16 years ago

Oddie, thanks for the tute! Now, how did you paint their faces and what is the noses made of??? tfs, janie

• premier
    16 years ago

They are all so cute and beautiful.

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

Oh gosh, Oddie-- just marvelous! I can see snowman collectors absolutely freaking out with glee over these fellows.

And PS-- the way you've done the photos is great-- such a feeling of holiday atmosphere!

-Jenn

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks!you guys are going to give me a big head agine and will take awhile to come back down!
    Cant seem to find any craft shows close to me, I just like to go and look at all the crafty things being made, maybe get some new ideas! we have a craftmall here that sells for crafters,but they want to much to sell your things.

Happy Crafting
    oddie

• Cheri_C
    16 years ago

Oddie, I have this site saved in my clippings. So awesome. They need to be in a magazine!!! Keep your creations coming so we can keep drooling!!!
    Cheri

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thank you! cheri, nothing special about my crafts, maybe its because I put them out all together? sure dont know, but you crafters here could make any of them, I have seen your projects!
    glad you liked mine enough to save.
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• HU-20194127
    2 years ago

What do u use for the snowmen noses. Ad Adorable

• HU-491320898
    2 years ago

What did you use to make the curly carrot for