Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to Find Tags??

Posted by amberscu (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 30, 08 at 15:37

I am wanting to make some gift tags for Christmas. I am searching for where to buy some paper tags that are already made that I can cover. The tags look like "toe tags" for lack of a better description. I thought I saw them at Walmart but I couldn't find them yesterday. Does anyone know where I can find them? I would much prefer a store rather than an online source. Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to Find Tags??

I think I know the ones you're talking about...white tags on cotton string? Check over by the office supplies, I think that's where I found them.

o

I saw the white ones. The ones I am thinking of are much bigger, bigger than a business card. They are manilla with a brown circle around the hole. I could have bet my life that I saw them at Walmart. I didn't see them or even a space where they'd be. Maybe an office store?

o

I have found those kraft tags at Hobby Lobby and scrapbooking stores.

The ones I have are actually big enough to make mini srapbooks out of.

I have a printable version - you can make it any size you want. It was a freebie from PrimMart, but I don't see it on their site anymore.

o

I found some white tags at walmart the other day in the paper section.. where pens, makers , etc are located.. they are not quite as big as a toe tag.. about 2 1/2" long and maybe 2" wide.. have the string already attached.. seems like they had some other ones there too.. some bright colors but I could be wrong on that.. mine were 100 for about $1.98
Huggy

o

lots of shapes of tie on tages you can make yourself at this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tag templates

o

The manilla ones that are larger than a business card are usually found in any office supply...Staples,or Office Max...I know that I found them at Staples by the small business supplies.

o

I found some on Ebay a couple of years ago. You might try looking there.

o

A BIG THANKS to all of you that helped!! I went to Office Depot and found the tags I did want. The only problem is that they come in packs of 500!! I just didn't want the $13.00 expense! I found 2 tag template site to use! (thanks, Barb!! You got me thinking!) I have made several of these tags and have them on my blog. They are so addicting!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: redmommycrafts

o

Aha! I found the tags I use that are from Prim Mart. They have some already with words on them, but the first one is blank. I use my photo editing program to put graphics on it, but you could also stamp them, or add your own items if you are going to use them as altered art.

Photobucket

Go to the link to get the tags - just click on the one you want. It will open on a new screen. When it is loaded, right click and save it to your computer.

I like to print them on tan cardstock.

Here is a link that might be useful: Primitive Tags from Prim Mart

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here