Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Things to Share

Posted by posie (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 07 at 14:48

Since I've been "stickin' my nose " in this forum, I thought I'd share some things with the rest of you....so here goes ! I make a little Christmas Boot from different colored felt, about 4 inches tall and shaped like a regular boot, stitch around it in a decorative stitch and then add a cuff on the top from white Fun Fur. Inside I stick a copy of this poem.....

"I'm just a tiny little boot,
not very large or bold,
but I am large enough to hold
all kinds of Christmas LOOT ....
Such as:
Diamond Rings
Gold Bracelet
Keys to a new Car
Tickets to a show
A hundred dollar bill
Silver necklace.....OR
OTHER THINGS I NEED !

My Daughters loved them ! You can change the items as you want.

I found some tiny Teddy Bears at a craft store, they are only about 3 inches tall but cute. I made up a poem to go with them:....
"I'm just a real tiny Teddy
As sweet as I can be,
Put me in your pocket
And carry me with 'thee',
I'll share all your hurts
And worries and woe,
A better kindred Spirit
You will never know.
Talk to me, sing to me,
Tell me your cares.
I know you will love me,
For I'm your "Stress Bear"!

I also shortened the Pine Cone Fable. I'm painting my large cones silver and attaching a ribbon and this little "story".......According to a fable told in a land far, far away.........if you find a SILVER PINE CONE you will have good luck and good fortune for many a year and day.

Hope you all can use these. I have another one about "Jack Rabbit Milk" which is funny if anyone is interested.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Things to Share

How about some photos Posie these sound great!!

o

OK - What is Jack Rabbit Milk?

o

I hope I'm not intruding here, but really love this site.

JACK RABBIT MILK IS: A joke. I found some little cans about the size of Tomatoe Sauce cans, and printed this lable and put them on the cans. You need to measure your labels to fit the cans. I really don't know how or where I got the cans as it was a few years ago. Maybe attaching a false bottom to an opened can would work (use foil), somehow.Or perhaps a person could use small bottles that you have saved or half-pint jelly jars,or baby food jars.

THE LABEL

JACK RABBIT MILK Price $495

A balanced diet for unbalanced people.
Contains Vitamins H,O,and P Richer in Vit. P
than lemonade, coffee or watermelon.
WARNING !
A quick-acting stimulant for lagging,
dragging playboys, salesmen hunters, fishermen,
golfers and bowlers! Keep away from
movie starlets, secretaries, beauty operators, and
waitresses, check-out girls, nurses and models.
6.33 FL.OZ.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here