Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
huggybear_2008

made some lavender bags this weekend

huggybear_2008
15 years ago

I got this fabric from Wal Mart and it is very sheer and has gold tulips and scroll work on it .. cost about $1.50 a yard.. it is really pretty.. cost of this Lavender bag is appox. $.50 cents and could sell for at least $3.00 or nore.. time to make about 15 mins.. There is about half cup of lavender buds in the bag..

Huggy

Huggy

Comments (13)

• creepfan
    15 years ago

Ooooohhhh, so pretty and I know they smell wonderful! Great job!

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Lavender is my favorite, very soothing :D Those are beautiful and I hope you sell a lot!

• leveta
    15 years ago

Huggy quit teaseing us...lol Beautiful...

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well I think I may get into the Mason, Ohio craft show and share a booth with a friend of my neice.. I was going to go to the Milfor Jr. High School craft show.. but instead since I have made so darn much stuff I think I will just sell what I can and then I can make more..LOL
    Thanks guys for all your help. and positve remarks..
    Huggy

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Hope those beautiful bags sell, They would be a lovely gift for any woman, Can't believe fabric was only $1.50 a yd. I just looked at the dab of fabric at SuperWalmart in Santa Clarita & nothing I would even buy.The ribbon is lush too!! Good Luck!! Jan

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sunnyca, It if funny sometimes you can go to Wal Mart and find some awesome fabric for a good price.. when that Happens with me.. I always hope I have enough money in my account to go ahead and buy several yards of the fabric.. I have to remember tho on some of the fabric I buy, to mark it somewhere that it is either 100% cotton, or otherwise.. so that when I make potato bags I can use 100% cotton fabric.. I have plastic tubs of fabric.. some just enough to make the group of three sachet pillows with the big bows.. When I went looking this last time in my stash.. Oh my I found some really pretty stuff that I forgot I had.. I always used some of this fabric for the Little Time out dolls dresses.. so I have all kinds.. and styles. a little of this and a little of that.. but enough to make something..LOL Okay, you found me out.. I am a string saver.. but just never know when you might need that little swatch of fabric.. NO! now I am not a pack rat. well !!!!!!! okay .. maybe I am.. Son seems to think so..lOL We have this local on-Line auction in our area and I do find some awesome deals.. but not sure what to do with them after I bid and win..LOL I even won three Fur stoles.. for just about nothing.. the kind that look like a small mink and you hang around your shoulders.. well, the ladies use to do that, don't do it anymore.. I think I will use them to scare my son's friends when they are back on the property with their big bomb fire, I will sneak up and throw it at one of them and they will think it is a wild animal.. gosh I am so bad.. but I love it.. Have a great day and thanks for all you alls help.
    Huggy

• oddie
    15 years ago

Very beautiful! would be pretty hanging on a tree also, and would give off a wonderful scent.
    I am sure you will have no problem selling them for what ever you ask.
    TFS!
    oddie

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oddie ,you are always so sweet and thanks for all your kind words.. I was telling Grandmabonnie, I think infact I am sure I found a Serger Sewing machine off of Craigslist and at a good price.. I am looking forward to getting this sewing machine.. wish me luck learning how to run it..LOL
    When will we see pics of your garage???
    Huggy

• amberscu
    15 years ago

Those are so nice!! I bet they smell wonderful!

Are you going to be at the Mason show? I would love to try to come and buy some for my MIL. I think my mom and sister have a booth there. I decided not to do that one...too many other things going on!

• oddie
    15 years ago

Huggy the old sewing machines are easy to use, the new ones gosh to much to mess with for my poor brain! might supprise you but I have a old machine myself , dont do much with it as I dont sew well but its there incase I need it LOL!
    good luck at your craft show, hope you sell lots of prettys!
    oddie
    PS you might see photos of the garage next year as its going to take that long to complete, helped my son roof half of it and couldnt wall for a week! think I will stick to crafting.

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oddie, now I am giving my age away.. but I use to sew on my mothers old peddle sewing machine.. we would have to peddle to make the needle go..LOL My mother use to make our dresses out of feed sacks.. the sacks then were really pretty and had flowers on them and all.. it was a treat to get a store bought dress.. I now have three sewing machines.. and hope to have the fourth one Saturday, but I did give one of my sewing machines away to a friend of my son's as she did not have one and loves to sew. speaking of not beable to walk after helping him roof the garage.. reminds me of the time I helped my son put up the ceiling in our living room which has over 12 foot ceilings and he had scaffeling up and I was up on that and helping him hold these big sheets of drywall up as he screwed them off.. I told him he better hurry as my knees were starting to shake and I may have to throw it.. LOL we made it . but he laughs and tells all his buddies how his elderly mother helped him hang drywall.. I am looking forward to seeing the garage..
    I hope I do well at the craft show too. but if I do not sell a lot.. I will have a lot of gifts to give to folks.. LOL
    Huggy

• oddie
    15 years ago

Huggy atleast it was easy to sew on the old petal model, caught my finger a couple times, maybe thats why I dont sew much now LOL! mom made alot of our clothes also, althoe she was a great sewer I dreamed of buying a store brought dress! was five girls in my family and I am the youngest so got all the hand me downs, but gosh life was so simple then.
    my son also does construction work have helped do so much I cant remenber what, but he tells his buddys my mom could work you under the table, must be afaird to add the old part!
    oddie

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Your Right Oddie, it was easier to sew then.. legs got tired faster then, but heck we use to run, skate, ride our bikes in the summer from dawn to dusk.. Kids can't do that anymore.. to many weirdos out there just lurking around.. Oddie my grandfather owned a shoe store and oh my did he have the shoes.. but he always want me to wear the good sense ones.. you know the old brown oxfords.. I finally talked him into a pair of black and white saddles.. wow, I thought I was the cats meow... Thanks for the trip down memory lane and yea, son's don't always show it.. but they sure are proud of their mothers when they can work just as hard as a man and sometimes even more soo.
    I just saw you Christmas items.. sooooo pretty, you do some great work..
    Huggy

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets