Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone ever made

Posted by ivamae (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 19, 09 at 14:16

the round plastic canvas playing card holders?

My daughter bought some at a sale the other day and I'm trying to figure out how they are done. It is very simple, I presume, except that there is a raised small circular part near the centre. How would one accomplish this. I thought first that maybe it was an extra piece inserted, but it isn't. Is it possible the the plastic canvas may have been heated and shaped over something? The outside edges are still flat. If the whole thing was heated, I think it might be hard to retain that flatness. Any ideas?
ivamae

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone ever made

Here is a site that has the disc & says it is for the card holders

Here is a link that might be useful: Parade of Products

o

Thanks sharonann. that is exactly what I was looking for.

o

Ivamae
Wondering if you could explain how they are made, I saw a picture of them on the web, but this old brain of mine can't understand how they hold the cards. What is on the back.
I have some of the disc and would be willing to send you a few if you are interested.

Sharon

o

Sharon, did you see the tutorial further down the link - craft products? I have no idea how they are made either, but do not see how this makes the raised part. Do you?
I have used plastic canvas very little, so I know very little about it.

Hope we can figure it out.

o

I think those circles are made that way. They are described as "indented".

I don't see why you couldn't make them from regular circles, though. You would just have to sew through both circles in the middle section to make them tight enough together to hold the cards.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here