Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Magic' Pillowcases

Posted by amberscu (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 19, 08 at 13:28

These are the pillowcases that I made to go with the Magic Pillowcase Christmas poem. They are so easy to make!!! If you can sew a straight line, you can make these!! I have a big $2.50 invested in these!!!
Photobucket

I am going to give these out at my daughter's preschool instead of treat bags!

If anyone knows a neat way to package them, please let me know!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: redmommycrafts

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Magic' Pillowcases

Sorry cant help with the packageing, but had to say your pillowcases are soooo cute!
TFS how you make them on your blog, love reading it!
oddie

o

awwwww, that brings back memories :) These are some that I made about 20 years ago for my little ones . . . they even hauled 'em out on Christmas Eve when they were teenagers, LOL. As far as packaging, how about folding them up as small as possible, then either wrapping a pretty satin ribbon around them - or putting them in a larger-sized treat bag? They'll love them no matter what you do with them - what a nice treat :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

pixistix- I love that! So neat that your kids still wanted their pillows!!

Oddie- thanks for the kind comment!!

o

that's such a cute idea!! I think I'd simply fold them nicely, slip they into a gallon size zip top bag and put the poem inside so it can be read through the bag. Maybe add some cute Xmas stickers on the outside of the bag to dress it up. you could even weave ribbons through the top of the bag and tie a pretty bow and hot glue a small ornament inside the bow. I'm sure you'll come up with a great idea on how to package them. Thank you so much for sharing!!

o

What poem are you talking about? I tried to do a search on this forum, but the poem didn't come up. Can you repost it here, please?

o

Here is the poem that is on the instruction page for these. Amberscu I hope it is ok that I post it here.

December is a magical time
With all sorts of colors, ribbons, and rhymes.

Sugarplum fairies will dance in your head,
If you put this special pillowcase on your bed.

The reason is special
As you will see

It's that it has been dusted
With Christmas Fantasy.

Visions of candy canes, Santa and treasures
Will fill each dream with sweetness and pleasures.

When the time comes for it to be washed,
Do it quickly so no magic is lost!

-Author Unknown

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here