Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

A couple new craft projects!

oddie
16 years ago

Heres my other painted suitcase, gosh it gave me fits so I am off to some crafting!

second is my icicle angel, got the icicle last year real cheap and wanted to try my hand at the angel, they lite up but have a blue lite not sure I care for it lighted, what do you think?

Happy Crafting

oddie

{{gwi:1484869}}

{{gwi:1484871}}

{{gwi:1484872}}

Comments (16)

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

Adorable little suitcase, Oddie. I also really like the lettering on it-- I know how hard legible yet decorative writing can be to do on these sorts of projects.

-Jenn

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Jenn!, oh yes lettering is sooo hard for me ,not to bad with this since I dont have to keep it as stright, I did mess up the frist word, should have been strighter and not curved, was afaird I couldnt get the background done right agine if I tried takeing it off, paint pens dont come off easy.
    oddie

• birdhousebonnie
    16 years ago

oddie, You did a great job on both. Are the angels ornaments or pins? Do they have a battery in them? I like them both lit up and not. I have never seen an icicle angel and would like to know more about how to make them and where you would find the icicles. They are really beautiful. Nice work. Bonnie

• Cheri_C
    16 years ago

I love them both Oddie. I've never seem the lite up icicles either. What a very creative idea.

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

Stop it!! Stop it!!Stop it!!

you make me feel so guilty looking at your adorable items

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Oddie, I don't know what you're worried about Girlfriend, they're gorgeous just as all your other creations are! You do such excellent work.

Sal

• barb_from_pa
    16 years ago

Oddie - You do such a wonderful job! I am SO jealous of your painting skills! I like the angle both lit and unlit. Keep up the wonderful work!
    Barb

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Oh, and I do like it lit up, it's very pretty.

Sal

• judemi
    16 years ago

Oddie, I love the lighted icicle angel...please tell us how you did that! Thanks so much.

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thank you! I got the icicle at the dollar store last year, they come two in a pack and has those small batteries, that come with it, had gotton them to do the blue icicle you make for someone who has lost a loved one, so desided to try to make a angel out of them, the head is a small bulb thats wraped with thread you see everywhere cheap, I poked a whole in the bottom kinda off to the side so the thread dont come undone, took a bit of working to get the hole big enough to go over the hook on the icicle, next I glued the head on with e6000 and a little hot glue,the wings are a bow with another peice for the part that goes down, tied with silver thread, I also attach the string for hanging to the back of the bow, so the angel looks like shes flying, forgot to say shes a ornament,after makeing the wings I glued them to the small silver part at the top of the icicle on the back of the angel, the silver part is what turns the lite on and also where you put the batteries, so you have to be careful that nothing gets glued to the icicle part, the halo is that wire stuff that has stars, pulled the stars off and made a circle with a peice comeing down, took the hook off the top and glued the peice that comes down in the hole where the hook was on the head and you have a angel! I am sure you crafty people will figure it out , but if anyone likes I can post a photo of the parts layed out. maybe someone here who writes poem could make one up like the blue icicle poem, was so pretty! everyone I gave them to cried, sad but a thought full gift, seems the time of year when we think about and sooo miss our loved ones that have passed.
    sorry minie! you know I cant stop, you make just as adorable crafts! I have seen your projects!
    Thanks agine
    oddie

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Oddie, both are so pretty. Do you still have the blue icicle poem? I lost one of my sisters this year.
    Thanks so much,
    Lynne

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lynee_ melb, thank you! here is a link to some icicle poems, there are a few that you might like, and also the blue icicle poem, towards the bottom of the post, sorry for your loss!, there are never the right words to say, but hope you find some comfort in these poems, sometimes we just need to set back and remenber and have a good cry!
    oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: icicle poems

• judemi
    16 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing the directions...now I hope the dollar store has the ornaments again this year.

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Thanks very much, Oddie

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

you are welcome!
    oddie

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

As always Oddie - you out did yourself !!! Your things are just beautiful !