Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

Gold and Green glass bulb wreath

oddie
16 years ago

Ginger thank you so much for your help, not to bad for my second try, of course I stared at your photos for a long time! have spent days glueing and letting dry, gosh do you have stock in the glue Co., lost track of the glue sticks I used, and also a bottle of tacky glue, doult anything will come off LOL!also would you mind telling me what you get for your wreath, have a possible buyer for this one but dont know what to charge, I told her I would post and ask on the fourm what a fare price would be, the size is 18 inches.

I used some of those cheap wraped styrofoam balls but dont think they look to bad mixed with some pretty ones agine there are some old and some new, so what do you thank?

oddie

{{gwi:1484853}}

Comments (14)

• foxylil_oh
    16 years ago

It's so beautiful and it's neat. I love the colors...Di

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

Absolutely beautiful, Oddie. Di's right, the colors are marvelous. That deep green and gold is lovely.

-Jenn

• Pudge 2b
    16 years ago

I love it. Will have to try making one of these soon. Great job!

• angelcub
    16 years ago

Very pretty! You did an excellent job. The cherub is a really sweet addition. :)

Diana

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Very pretty Oddie, you did a great job on the wreath. I'm told that the pros charge $1 per inch of grapevine wreath and then add on what you put on it, plus labor. Sounds pretty expensive doesn't it, but when you think about it, it's worth every penny.

Sal

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Oddie, that is gorgeous. You really did a nice job on it, and green and gold are not normally colors I favor--but I love this one. Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks you! I think I did a much better job on this one, sure helps when you have nice people like ginger who is willing to share what works for them, and of course gorgeous photos to study!
    looking at the photo I can see a mistake I made and hopefully can fix, the seashell garland is wraped to close and looks like it circles the gold bulb, how did I miss that!
    Gosh priceing is so hard, thanks craftylady,I dont have much in cost but gosh alot of time spent, was thinking $25 or $30, would any of you pay that much, or is my priceing to high please dont be afaird to tell me what you think, you wont hurt my feeling, this is how I learn!
    thanks agine
    oddie

• sweets98
    16 years ago

So pretty! Amazing job! I can't imagine the amount of glue that you used! LOL I know I have went through sticks of hot glue on just a small item before!

My only thing is how would you store that thing safely? I could just imagine getting it out and it being smashed at some point during the year. I don't have a lot of storage though so I have to share the back of the shed with DH! LOL

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

WOW sweetie you did an AWESOME JOB!!! Beautiful work!!! Of course I didn't expect any less than GORGEOUS from you!!!
    My prices start at $100 to $225. Depending on the vintage ornaments that are in them and such.
    I would charge at the very very least for this piece $50 and then you are giving it away!!

Sweets98 I always recommend for my customers to purchase one of the rubbermaid type wreath storage containers...they are perfect.

oodie...
    I am very very fortunate that my husband is a developmental chemist for a GLUE company..lol He didn't make Aleene's tacky but he loves it and makes me up 5 gallon buckets of his private label version.
    He did create the spray on basting used for quilting and several forms of spray on adhesives.

ginger

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh ginger, I couldnt wait for you to see my wreath! I so enjoyed makeing it, gosh are you serious that I should ask $50
    I will be keeping my eye out for vintage bulbs! I can see how you can get that amount for yours, they are sooo gorgeous! you probley wouldnt mix the old with the new eather, I am thinking that would lower the value right.
    How lucky for you to have such a supper smart hubby! I bet the quilters sure have appreciated him, along with alot of crafters!
    okay you dont have stock, but better then that!
    Thank you sweets! was wondering to what to keep them in, I droped the blue one and busted most of the old bulbs, and was thinking that would be so easy to do while storeing.
    Happy crafting
    oddie

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

Oh oodie but I do mix the new with the vintage when possible...the vintage just takes center stage. I really do believe $50 is giving your piece away. You should have a lot more confindence in your work you are an awesome and creative treasure!!!

ginger

• danaoh
    16 years ago

guess I am behind, but what is the base?

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

danaoh we talked about it oodie's first original post of her blue and white wreath I put a link to the original that will help.

ginger

Here is a link that might be useful: oodie's blue and white wreath

• shysue
    16 years ago

What can I say that has not already been said? It is beautiful, as is everything you do!

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County