Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Craft Sale This Year

Posted by enjoyingspring (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 7, 10 at 12:41

Went to my first craft sale of the season, I noticed that the vendors were a little aggresive, as soon as I stepped up to their table to look at something they were right on top of me giving me details of their crafts.

This really puts me off, I just leave. If they were to let me just look maybe I would buy something.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Craft Sale This Year

I too went to my first craft sale of the season this past Saturday. I was also turned off by how aggressive some of the vendors were. It did seem that a lot of the ones that were aggressive were the ones that had more competition from vendors selling similar wares.

Sandy

o

There are quite a few craft fairs in our area, and some vendors were a little more aggressive, and yes there were still some who were reading a pocket book and ignoring those just walking buy. Craft fair was packed, so it was hard to see the booths, but I did not see anything really new. But did see one big booth crammed full of items to buy not homemade. First I though it was glued on decals, but after looking at them they came that way. Made in ????

o

I don't like the aggressive ones either. Even in stores - if I want help , I'll ask for it.

o

At the show I visited yesterday I thought that the vendors were less than friendly and this was one of the largest "juried" shows in my area. It was 3:00 and there was really only one that took the effort to speak to me as I strolled by. There seemed to be alot of them talking to each other when they should have been talking to the customers. And, yes, some were sitting and reading and being un-interested.

o

Being friendly with a little chit chat is one thing, but being aggressive with a sales pitch is another! I say hello & ask them how they're doing or some other little idle chat, but I don't really go into a sales pitch unless I hear conversation from them that may warrant a little intervention ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here